Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

great company that takes care of its employees - friendly atmosphere, lots of time off, telecommuting, flexible hours.

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Arlington, VA

Pros

work-life balance friendly, non-competitive atmosphere employee-focused environment room for advancement fair salary especially considering time-off up to 3 days/week telecommuting in IT dept

Cons

not a place for driven, workaholic types - work pace would be too slow, is not cutting edge IT development. company is becoming more impersonal as it expands. job satisfaction depends on department. entry-level research jobs are monotonous, sometimes have long hours. company is a little conservative. a bit of "this is the way it's always been done" mentality.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

1. My experience has been unique, rewarding and educational.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Respectful management, Flexibility to balance work/personal commitments, Great compensation and bonuses, Recognition of a job well done.

Cons

Long Hours, non-rapid growing roles

2. Effort Driven Company - Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

+ Amazing room to grow if you're interested --> we house some of the most interesting (and confidential) information in the industry. We have access to EVERYTHING. + Wonderful department culture --> employees in my department have a fantastic outlook, are very team oriented, and senior management does an incredible job. + Room to grow if you put in the work --> I was promoted in less than a year because I take on extra work and am always willing to go the extra mile. Effort is truly rewarded. + Great benefits --> 4 weeks off after 1 year with the company + Non-exempt position --> starting January 1st, 2012, as a Junior RA or Research Associate, you earn time and a half for all overtime.

Cons

There is some monotonous work involved in these positions, but it lessens as you get further in to your role. Also, long(er) hours are no stranger to me, but it's not excessive.

Advice to Management

In my department, we have some fantastic senior managers that we work with. My only advice is to make sure that we can take on everything that we commit to, because we take on an extraordinary amount of work and sometimes it leads to pretty crazy hours.