Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
  www.cambridgeassociates.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Great Place to Start My Career!

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Excellent Location in Arlington. Our building is right next to the Metro (Ballston on the Orange line). Our floors were recently renovated - two kitchens on each floor, a gym and parking downstairs, a cafe with good healthy food, large workspaces.

- Fun environment. Every month we have either bagels or ice cream socials for that month's birthdays. We have a Holiday party in December (last year it was at the Ritz in DC) and a Picnic in the summer.

- High Caliber Colleagues. My department is very selective when it comes to recruiting which means that all of my colleagues are highly capable individuals. It feels good knowing that my colleagues care just as much about their work as I do.

- Interesting Work. I can't share too much here, but I get to build relationships with individuals at all levels of Cambridge and as well as those that work at the industry's leading investment management firms.

- Generous Benefits. Tons of time off, comparively speaking, excellent health and 401k benefits.

- Opportunities for Advancement within the Firm. There are been at least 4 or 5 individuals in my department that have moved to other positions (vertically) within the last 8 months.

- Top-tier Management. Our management team is top-notch. They truly care about their teams and treat us with the utmost respect. They are in-tune to the fact that we won't be at Cambridge forever and provide us with general professional development whenever possible.

Cons

I wish I was paid more - but doesn't everyone?! Some of the reviewers may complain about compensation at Cambridge, but new college grads will be able to afford a pretty comfortable living.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Good Company, Terrible Office/managers - Applies to Arlington - Wilson office

Former Employee - Associate/Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Associate/Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very easy work - could be done by 8th grader

Cons

Skills learned apply only to company and don't transfer to other companies or positions unless data-entry is a career aspiration.
    People are promoted based on office politics and not merit
    Micro-managing is extremely prevalent
    Department is known as a "sweat-shop" to competing firms/investment firms
    Low Salary and minimal bonuses
    Work is mind-numbing and could be done by a grade school graduate

Reevaluate usefulness of the department

Great entry level job - lots of opportunities for growth

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

I've found my time at Cambridge to be incredibly rewarding thus far. Management is incredibly supportive and invested in your professional growth and development. The department that I work in has a very team-based, collegial atmosphere. People are very positive, upbeat, and willing to lend a hand. Lastly, the firm is a true meritocracy and hard work is always rewarded.

Cons

Given the nature of the finance industry, occasionally long hours are required. When you start out, you're not given too much paid vacation, but I believe by industry standards it is fairly generous.

Please keep up the level of support and guidance you offer. This support coupled with the transparency provided is greatly appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC