Cambridge Associates, LLC

Unique Experience but overall positive

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Because of the timing of some department shifts I was able to have accelerated growth within the department. With that said there is room for growth alongside hard work.
- Decent work-life balance
- Pro professional designations (CFA/CAIA help financially)
- Extremely intelligent co-workers

Cons

- Salary; despite numerous promotions the ceiling for salary is not comparable to others in the area. Not to say you can't make a decent living, it's just not the same regarding salary level.
- Communication between departments is limited, despite groups working together.
- Consultant-first attitude leads to disdain towards consultants.
- Too focused on low-turnover. Many employees skate by without really putting in the hours of others, but a refusal by management to cut ties leads to complacency and leads to bad work ethic going unpunished.

- Re-evaluate how you view terminating employees. Your view towards retaining talent is good, but you allow complacency with tenured individuals who do not hold their weight.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Unprofessional Operations department with little to no opportunity for career advancement...

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collegial work environment that is ideal for a recent college graduate.

Cons

Mislead about the quality and type of work I would be performing as an Investment Performance Associate.
    Mid-level management incredibly out of touch with the work of their subordinates.
    Operations/Performance Reporting department provides little potential for career development.
    The work done in performance reporting does not translate well to any other position in Finance.

Great Place to Start My Career!

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent Location in Arlington. Our building is right next to the Metro (Ballston on the Orange line). Our floors were recently renovated - two kitchens on each floor, a gym and parking downstairs, a cafe with good healthy food, large workspaces.

- Fun environment. Every month we have either bagels or ice cream socials for that month's birthdays. We have a Holiday party in December (last year it was at the Ritz in DC) and a Picnic in the summer.

- High Caliber Colleagues. My department is very selective when it comes to recruiting which means that all of my colleagues are highly capable individuals. It feels good knowing that my colleagues care just as much about their work as I do.

- Interesting Work. I can't share too much here, but I get to build relationships with individuals at all levels of Cambridge and as well as those that work at the industry's leading investment management firms.

- Generous Benefits. Tons of time off, comparively speaking, excellent health and 401k benefits.

- Opportunities for Advancement within the Firm. There are been at least 4 or 5 individuals in my department that have moved to other positions (vertically) within the last 8 months.

- Top-tier Management. Our management team is top-notch. They truly care about their teams and treat us with the utmost respect. They are in-tune to the fact that we won't be at Cambridge forever and provide us with general professional development whenever possible.

Cons

I wish I was paid more - but doesn't everyone?! Some of the reviewers may complain about compensation at Cambridge, but new college grads will be able to afford a pretty comfortable living.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!