Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com

Unique Experience but overall positive

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros- Because of the timing of some department shifts I was able to have accelerated growth within the department. With that said there is room for growth alongside hard work.
- Decent work-life balance
- Pro professional designations (CFA/CAIA help financially)
- Extremely intelligent co-workers

Cons- Salary; despite numerous promotions the ceiling for salary is not comparable to others in the area. Not to say you can't make a decent living, it's just not the same regarding salary level.
- Communication between departments is limited, despite groups working together.
- Consultant-first attitude leads to disdain towards consultants.
- Too focused on low-turnover. Many employees skate by without really putting in the hours of others, but a refusal by management to cut ties leads to complacency and leads to bad work ethic going unpunished.

Advice to Senior Management- Re-evaluate how you view terminating employees. Your view towards retaining talent is good, but you allow complacency with tenured individuals who do not hold their weight.

Great Place to Start My Career!

Research Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Excellent Location in Arlington. Our building is right next to the Metro (Ballston on the Orange line). Our floors were recently renovated… Cons: I wish I was paid more - but doesn't everyone?! Some of the reviewers may complain… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company, Terrible Office/managers - Applies to Arlington - Wilson office

Associate/Analyst (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very easy work - could be done by 8th grader Cons: Skills learned apply only to company and don't transfer to other companies or positions unless data-entry is a career aspiration. People are promoted based on office… Advice to Senior Management: Reevaluate usefulness of the department No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!