Cambridge Associates, LLC

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Great working environment, Great people

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most people are willing to cooperate, resonable and smart. Great work/life balance. Open minded leaders with long-term perspective in enterprise development.
The company also provides great career path for the internal employees, and many people work for the company more than 10 years, even 20 years.

Cons

I could not tell much about the cons, since I like this company. If I have to something, I will say that the work pace could be a little faster. Be more responsive to the market change and be more client-oriented.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Unprofessional Operations department with little to no opportunity for career advancement...

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Collegial work environment that is ideal for a recent college graduate.

Cons

Mislead about the quality and type of work I would be performing as an Investment Performance Associate.
    Mid-level management incredibly out of touch with the work of their subordinates.
    Operations/Performance Reporting department provides little potential for career development.
    The work done in performance reporting does not translate well to any other position in Finance.

Unique Experience but overall positive

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Because of the timing of some department shifts I was able to have accelerated growth within the department. With that said there is room for growth alongside hard work.
    - Decent work-life balance
    - Pro professional designations (CFA/CAIA help financially)
    - Extremely intelligent co-workers

Cons

- Salary; despite numerous promotions the ceiling for salary is not comparable to others in the area. Not to say you can't make a decent living, it's just not the same regarding salary level.
    - Communication between departments is limited, despite groups working together.
    - Consultant-first attitude leads to disdain towards consultants.
    - Too focused on low-turnover. Many employees skate by without really putting in the hours of others, but a refusal by management to cut ties leads to complacency and leads to bad work ethic going unpunished.

- Re-evaluate how you view terminating employees. Your view towards retaining talent is good, but you allow complacency with tenured individuals who do not hold their weight.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC