Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com

Decent but should be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsCambridge is a great name to have on your resume as other companies in the investment management space really respect the firm. You do learn a lot about the industry and have access to some very smart people.

ConsCambridge does not pay very well at all. They consistently talk about retaining top talent and the easiest way to do that it to pay them, Cambridge does not agree. They continue to hire every year despite need so redundancy is a real problem. There is virtually no way to move up to be a consultant unless you leave to work for another firm or get your MBA; however, once you've done that you don't want to come back to work for the salary that Cambridge offers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a very clear way to move up in the firm without leaving. If you want to retain the top talent, cultivate that talent when it is recognized. Pay more, people will put up with a lot of the office politics (and there is a ton there) and unimpressive managers if they are compensated accordingly. There also needs to be some accountability for superiors.

Great learning experience for somebody fresh out of college.

Senior Consulting Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Broad exposure to various asset classes, get to work with many smart… Cons: Compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum, work… Advice to Senior Management: Monitor and manage staffing situation better so that associates are not prematurely… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work - I thoroughly enjoy it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits (medical, vacation, perks), Work life balance GREAT people to work with (on a personal level, see Cons for professional level) Supervisors acknowledge hard workers -… Cons: Supervisors are too busy to notice or reprimand slackers. Some individuals are more eager and willing to assist than others. There are those who don't… Advice to Senior Management: Show your team that everyone is treated fairly, and that someone who slacks off is not rewarded the same as someone who is coming in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!