Cambridge Associates, LLC
www.cambridgeassociates.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A Place for Average People to Have a Sedentary Career in Finance

Consulting Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPro
Exposure to over 30 years worth of private equity, venture capital, hedge fund, and public market data that cannot be rivaled.

Caveat-
You will have to hunt for this information, though, as is the IT and internal software does not make it easy to find or couple relevant data streams to eachother.

Pro
The people of Cambridge are generally good, nice, amicable people

Con
It's all an act. The illusion of professionalism masquerading as professionalism itself

ConsEverything ties back to the salaries that Cambridge pays, which discourage talent from staying and doesn't attract new talent from joining....

Cambridge's organizational infrastructure was designed by Rube Goldberg; a company full of middlemen that shuttle hot potatoes.

Client's are dropping Cambridge on a nearly weekly basis.

Management is filled with people who's primary skill is loyalty to Cambridge, not true business line acumen.

Knowledge is so compartmentalized that no one - even at the board level - knows what's going on.

Consultants are more like waiters than subject matter experts. They sell the same products and managers to all of the clients, negating the tales of personalized portfolio tailoring that they advertise.

Cambridge is a chronic overpromiser and underdeliverer to clients, employees and itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake people's advice and do the opposite of what you're currently doing.

Not worth the year I wasted after college, provided no relevant experience to financial services industry.

Junior Research Associate (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Atmosphere was all 20 somethings, so it was fun to… Cons: Management admitted to not being intelligent, micromanaging, horribly run, took advantage… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No real skill development

Associate (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: work / life balance people are nice Cons: mundane low pay not as much of an open door policy as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cambridge Associates, LLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cambridge Associates, LLC CEO Sandra A. Urie. All reviews posted anonymously by Cambridge Associates, LLC employees.