Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Good company

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

Good exposure to investments and great people to work with

Cons

Average compensation, lack of IT resources

147 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Save Your Soul; Do NOT work in IT!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good work/life balance, very friendly people to work with.

Cons

Compensation is a JOKE. If you're a developer, you will never use the latest technologies. 90% of our applications are not MVC based and because we are not a tech firm, there is no interest in pushing for using more robust languages or technologies. If you try to push for making something better or faster by implementing a new process or framework, you will get shut down because everyone in IT is afraid of change. Most developers have been around since the early 90s and have not bothered to learn any new languages since then (all while getting cost of living raises throughout the years). All of our new applications and new projects are being completely outsourced and costing the firm hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Developer roles are now completely support based, no new development is happening.

This is an investing firm, not a tech firm and IT is always considered a support role to the firm's decisions. Currently everyone in the firm thinks IT is a joke because we have major operational issues and cannot keep servers running smoothly. This then drives the idea that we need to outsource everything instead of promoting/hiring people who actually know what they're doing.

Don't be a part of this sinking ship.

Fraternity Like Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a decent job if you're fresh out of college. The pay is nothing special, but it will pay your bills. No real chance for upward mobility unless you get an MBA. Generally recruits undergraduates out of liberal arts colleges, very Caucasian heavy office with young guys and gals who recruit people who are similar to themselves, and thus the fraternal like culture.

Cons

No real diversity, it would be nice to talk to a colleague who isn't stuck in the past about they glory days of Friday nights on campus.

Pay isn't too good

Get some new fresh blood from different backgrounds besides your typical fraternity/sorority brother or sister.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC