Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
  www.cambridgeassociates.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Smart colleagues, changing department with lots of opportunities, but long and unpredictable hours detract from job

Current Employee - Team Lead and Investment Performance Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Team Lead and Investment Performance Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a changing firm and department with a relatively new management team (about a year tenure). The new management team is dedicated to the department and has put PRG on the right track. Employee engagement increased significantly with the new management team, which I felt was a big positive. Because of the changes there are lots of opportunities within the department to get noticed and grow. If you put yourself out there and get involved, then the managing team will notice you and reward you for your dedication. Colleagues are smart, and you get access to a lot of great research, as well as access to hedge fund and long-only managers. I think this is a good place for an entry level individual, as you will learn valuable skills and get access to really smart people.

Cons

The hours can be long and unpredictable, especially around 7-12th business days each month, depending on your client load. Also the ability to move elsewhere in the company isn't clear. If you are not entry level and have a few years of work experience, the growth potential is not as great as fresh out of college.

Continue the plan to improve the department and keep engaging employees.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Good company

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

Good exposure to investments and great people to work with

Cons

Average compensation, lack of IT resources

Save Your Soul; Do NOT work in IT!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, good work/life balance, very friendly people to work with.

Cons

Compensation is a JOKE. If you're a developer, you will never use the latest technologies. 90% of our applications are not MVC based and because we are not a tech firm, there is no interest in pushing for using more robust languages or technologies. If you try to push for making something better or faster by implementing a new process or framework, you will get shut down because everyone in IT is afraid of change. Most developers have been around since the early 90s and have not bothered to learn any new languages since then (all while getting cost of living raises throughout the years). All of our new applications and new projects are being completely outsourced and costing the firm hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Developer roles are now completely support based, no new development is happening.

This is an investing firm, not a tech firm and IT is always considered a support role to the firm's decisions. Currently everyone in the firm thinks IT is a joke because we have major operational issues and cannot keep servers running smoothly. This then drives the idea that we need to outsource everything instead of promoting/hiring people who actually know what they're doing.

Don't be a part of this sinking ship.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!