Cambridge Associates, LLC

Great Firm with Strong Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time

Pros

Much like any thing in life, you get out of it what you put into it. The firm values hard work, dedication, mission alignment, and intellectual curiosity. I found myself intellectually stimulated and was always encouraged to take on additional projects that were of interest or fit within my skill set. The experience I gained through both my normal position and the additional projects on which I worked gave me a rich story pool for business school essays.

The real reason you should consider Cambridge is for the people. Yes, the work can be hard. Yes, some parts of it can feel repetitive depending on your position in the organization. However, you will have the ability to work with, and more importantly learn from, exceptionally smart and talented people who take a personal interest in your success. The relationships I left with were truly invaluable, and I’m amazed at how much I grew, both personally and professionally, because of the mentorship I received while employed in the Dallas office.

Cons

The organization is relatively flat, so if you need a title the transition may be difficult.

Hire a dedicated CTO; that will fix many of the IT problems (planning, integration, incorporating strategic goals and technological capabilities, etc.). Don’t forget to nurture the culture. The culture (and tie in with our members) was one of my favorite things about working at Cambridge, and it transitioned/developed a distinct finance flare.

151 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Great firm

Former Employee - Senior Consulting Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consulting Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture, well-respected firm and good work-life balance

Cons

Not the highest pay in the investment world, but that goes for all consultants

Great opportunity for knowledge building

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A role in the Manager Information Group or Performance Reporting Group is a fantastic opportunity for individuals right out of college looking to break into developing asset class-based investing knowledge. The training program is not intimidating at all and allows individuals of all backgrounds to succeed, whether someone’s major was Finance, Accounting or French Literature; this also lends itself to those with more established careers that are looking for a switch into the investing world.

Cons

The role itself is a back-office support role; therefore someone is not going to be “making deals” or “making decisions.” However, the work an individual completes on a day-to-day, whether in Performance Reporting or the Manager Information Group, does help the front-office (consultants and research) to make the informed, thought-provoking decisions for Cambridge clients.

Reduce the hierarchal structure and allow all members of the department shape the direction. For all of the emphasis management places on feedback and communication, it would best serve them to utilize the thoughts and suggestions provided to them rather than asking for feedback then doing something completely different.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC