Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

I would not recommend taking a position at Cambridge Associates.

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

It is a young fun work environment. It was my first job out of college and it provided a solid understanding of different investment types.

Since leaving the Company it is my understanding that they had outside consultants come in and subsequently made positive changes in the way they run the performance reporting department.

Cons

Overall I found it to be an extremely unprofessional work environment. They had extremely high turnover. The people who were your superiors were often only a few years older and their assessments were often biased based on personal relationships. I don't think Analyst take enough pride in their work.

I can only speak to the way the Performance Reporting department was run, and in my opinion, when I was an employee, it was a disaster. Work was not distributed evenly among Associates and I worked many late nights and weekends without being compensated for my additional hours.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

IPA

Current Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

Relatively good pay for an entry level job. Good benefits. Cambridge is well known and respected by many in the investment community. Young coworkers. Ability to advance within department. Will pay up to $2500 in tuition assistance and encourages employees to take CFA exams by paying for them (if you fail, you have to pay back).

Cons

Boring job. Rote data entry and publishing are better descriptors of the job than anything financial related. Even so, requires long hours and sometimes an overload of work. Sometimes you work 60+ hrs and are extremely stressed, while other times you have literally no work to do all week but are still required to be in office for 40 hrs.

No advice.

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

experience
    broad exposure
    work with lots of teams/personalities/experience levels
    lots of responsibility for a first job (ie - hiring done by Consulting Associates)

Cons

hours can be long; pay isn't the best
    bonuses fail to reflect performance

Start firing those with no value add - and give their pay to those who work hard!

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC