Cambridge Associates, LLC

Engaged Employer

Good Intro

Current Employee - Senior Consulting Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Consulting Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

Good Intro to Industry. Ability to work on a variety of asset classes and clients. Sophisticated clientele. Goof work life balance/benefits.

Cons

Pay is mediocre and no clear promotion metrics. Flat structure - need MBA to advance. Some consultants younger with less experience.

Advice to Management

Make team/promotionstructures clearer. Increase communication. Look to develop program to move employees to other roles after a few yrs. Offer more perks to add color to the Cambridge experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

1. Consulting associate role is a great experience, but can dominate your life.

Former Employee - Consulting Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consulting Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

The associate group is a young and very collegiate (you can get help when you are overworked). It is a great experience for recent grads.

Cons

The pay is a little depressing when you are there until 3 or 4 in the morning every day for a month. There is almost no possibility for career advancement for associates. It's three years and out.

Advice to Management

Associate morale gets pretty low and the perception is that management does not care. It is a client-focused firm so client requests must be honored, but management should do more to bolster morale.

I would not recommend taking a position at Cambridge Associates.

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

It is a young fun work environment. It was my first job out of college and it provided a solid understanding of different investment types. Since leaving the Company it is my understanding that they had outside consultants come in and subsequently made positive changes in the way they run the performance reporting department.

Cons

Overall I found it to be an extremely unprofessional work environment. They had extremely high turnover. The people who were your superiors were often only a few years older and their assessments were often biased based on personal relationships. I don't think Analyst take enough pride in their work.

Advice to Management

I can only speak to the way the Performance Reporting department was run, and in my opinion, when I was an employee, it was a disaster. Work was not distributed evenly among Associates and I worked many late nights and weekends without being compensated for my additional hours.