There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Health Alliance

Mission driven

I have been working at Cambridge Health Alliance

Pros

Many employees are truly focused on the public health orientation of the organization and appreciate how cultural competency is important to the work.

Cons

Despite fiscal challenges, senior level managers continue to be hired - what about front line workers? If you are not part of a union, it's hard to watch how they are catered to.

Provide feedback mechanisms about the organization. 360s about senior managers or other ways of providing input would be a good idea.

reviews filtered by

Great educational and staff meetings. Terrific patients. Not great morale of staff at that time.

Former Employee - Staff Neuropsychologist in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Neuropsychologist in Medford, MA

I worked at Cambridge Health Alliance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the kindest, most knowledgeable, best-in-the-field clinicians worked there and were willing to share their expertise willingly. I loved my patients and the supervision I got from senior staff. The staff meetings were useful and educational. Problems actually got solved. I felt valued for 95% of the time.

Cons

A major downside was that there was some acting out of professional jealousy by one or two staff members that made life difficult for other staff. At one point, a staff person was presented as a patient at a case conference, with his/her identity only thinly disguised. Management was not able to stop these events as they happened without warning and damage-control in such situations after the fact is frankly a bit like trying to restore New Orleans after the levees gave way.

Please give middle management the power to discipline staff who are disrespectful and discriminatory to others in their groups. Please continue with all of the in-house education and staff meetings. They were invaluable! Please continue all of the mentoring and staff development you were doing. I was proud to be part of it.

2. Hospital system in financial trouble

I worked at Cambridge Health Alliance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible on schedule and projects

Cons

Old-Boy network for the management team

Too many director's without management skills

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Health Alliance