There are newer employer reviews for Cambro Manufacturing

By far, the worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Mid Level Manager  in  Huntington Beach, CA
Former Employee - Mid Level Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Cambro Manufacturing

Pros

There are a few good people working there. This made going to work a pleasure.

Cons

The current upper management team is ineffective in managing and wears blinders to integrity and honesty.

Lose the current executive management team, have the owner stop thinking of the almighty dollar and more on the employees. The ones who really do the work.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Cambro Manufacturing (View Most Recent)

A large, growing, family-owned business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Cambro Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth: the current president/owner is the son of one of the two founding brothers, and he has continued to grow the company in US and global markets. As new factories are added, jobs are not lost in existing locations. Quality, innovation and new product development are part of the culture. Longevity: lots of employees have been there 20 years or more. Benefits: medical and dental better than average; lower premiums than most. Good focus on professional development, tuition reimbursement, seminars, certifications, etc. New employees seem to be welcomed pretty well.

Cons

There are growing pains, and some of the systems and processes need to be updated and integrated better. Probably because of longevity, there is some resistance to change, and an undercurrent of gossip and in-crowd feeling among longer term employees and executives. Benefits: vacation time takes longer to earn, and is re-set yearly (cannot be accumulated past employee's anniversary date). No vision plan.

Continue to work on developing employees, and especially managers. Focus on culture and change management as the company grows; reinforce the positive and reduce the negative aspects of culture and management. Look at the most effective managers, and reinforce their efforts. Address issues with ineffective managers. Look at new and/or upgraded systems and processes with more efficient software. Look at benefits to make sure they're competitive with other companies.

Cambro

Former Employee - Operations  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Cambro Manufacturing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned valuable business practices and processes as a liaison Globally. I also met my Mentor, a former Director whom I still meet with.

Cons

It was difficult to promote change and innovation within Cambro's senior management.

A good manager is the one who has clear and assertive communication. He or she should be able to create a good integrity chain that links the employees and the firm. In addition, the manager must possess strong motivational skills to the people around and good decision making skills

There are newer employer reviews for Cambro Manufacturing

Worked for Cambro Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!