Cameco

www.cameco.com
  www.cameco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cameco

Very rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Port Hope, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Port Hope, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Cameco

Pros

pay, benefits, leadership, commitment to family and education, commitment to health, safety, environment and people. Initiative in community programs is second to no one

Cons

This site is a very hazardous environment to work in. The chemicals on site are probably some of the worst on the planet and not to mention the radiation from the uranium is very high at times.

Listen a little more to your employees who are doing the work. Also keep an open mind when it comes to change.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Cameco (View Most Recent)

challenging, very conservative, lots of generation gap issues, great health plan, and wasteful on water

Former Employee - Geological Technician
    Former Employee - Geological Technician

I worked at Cameco

Pros

I worked in the exploration and mining operations, a sort of front line soldier, and out looking for new deposits. I enjoyed the northern Saskatchewan climate, terrain and especially the traditional people who still live off the land. Majority of the people I worked with understood team ethics and getting along, make the best of the time away from home. I learned about the whole uranium industry and geology with Cameco from the veteran geologists who were willing to share knowledge.

Cons

Ego's, too many Mr. know it all's. Lack of communication skills from both management and employees.
    Big time generation gap issues.
    Wasteful on water use
    Power struggles
    People bringing home issues to workplace.
    Lack of conflict resolution skills.

New employees would like to feel valued. When people resign from Cameco, like less than a 2 years, should that not be a concern and ask why.
    Workload during the drilling season did not equal compensation very well. Diamond drillers were making more than Cameco employees!?!?

One a few places to work in Saskatoon at the IT Enterprise level

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Cameco

Pros

Company is rowing rapidly.
    Good IT senior management.

Cons

Advancement paths are still being worked on by management

There are newer employer reviews for Cameco