Cameco

www.cameco.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cameco

Meh, good entry level opportunities I guess

Former Employee - Staff Geologist in Douglas, WY
Former Employee - Staff Geologist in Douglas, WY

I worked at Cameco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance and benefits were good

Cons

Low salaries by industry standard. Little opportunity for advancement. Cameco basically trains employees for better jobs somewhere else.

Management views government regulators with open disdain in company meetings. This is highly inappropriate and has led to complications with permitting and mining.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Cameco (View Most Recent)

Many Positives, Lots of Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Cameco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In general, Cameco has shown themselves to be quite supportive of their employees. I have observed quite a bit of internal advancement. The benefits are great. Working at a Cameco site on a 1-week rotation allows for a lot of personal freedom. My supervisors have been consistently supportive, capable, and generally good people. My departments have always come together as great teams; I think that is a testimony to a solid underlying company culture. I know that all departments don't have it that easy, but it is clear that the potential for great teamwork is there and that it is supported. The current senior leadership seems to have the right vision to ensure that the company thrives over the long term.

Cons

The current market for uranium makes it hard for the company and its people to truly excel at anything beyond austerity. It seems that the reckless spending attitude of the uranium boom era has become embedded in some parts of the organization, which can make it hard to achieve meaningful change. There are some very diverse organizational cultures throughout the company, and they don't always line up.

Consider getting people exposed to the different arms of the company. This could mean something as simple as general information sessions and knowledge sharing, or more long-term options like encouraging more frequent lateral transfers. There is a potential benefit to having our leaders gain a greater understanding of what the economic impact of the chilled uranium market means for day-to-day business.

Junior

I worked at Cameco

Pros

Good worklife balance, and good pormotions

Cons

not many cons, mostly pros

There are newer employer reviews for Cameco