There are newer employer reviews for Cameco

Good Until the End

I worked at Cameco

Pros

Benefit package is second to none, compensation is fair/above-industry standards, bonuses are fitted to the job that you perform and your ability to execute tasks. Work-life balance is encouraged.

Cons

You are at the whim of the industry in this company. Upper management team does not seem to be all on the same page, which makes for mixed messages making its way to the workplaces.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Cameco (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits Not much else

I have been working at Cameco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits package is great. Seems to be some departments that are run well

Cons

Management seems clueless in some departments and good in others.
    Management piles on more and more work without adjusting priorities or adding resources.
    Wrong people get ahead in the company. People that are obviously in it only for themselves are managers/directors
    Newer culture of sacrifice seems to be pushed to employees as if the company is a charity not a company that makes hundreds of millions a year.
    Terrible culture is stifling creativity and innovation for a number of years now.
    Engagement has been dropping significantly and our department seemed to take and approach of trying to convince us that we didn't understand some of the questions and how we were mistaken.

If you keep overworking your employees and not giving them the resources they need, the best talent will continue to leave. You are fortunate to have extraordinary deposits under your control but seem to think that your position is a result of good management. It is not.

Great experience

Former Employee - Technical Specialist
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist

I worked at Cameco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for growth and lots of community involvement

Cons

Current officers have too much focus on shareholders and not on long term company health

Assess long term risks to make business decisions rather than short term stock holder happimess

There are newer employer reviews for Cameco