Cameco
www.cameco.com Saskatoon, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

challenging, very conservative, lots of generation gap issues, great health plan, and wasteful on water

Geological Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Cameco

ProsI worked in the exploration and mining operations, a sort of front line soldier, and out looking for new deposits. I enjoyed the northern Saskatchewan climate, terrain and especially the traditional people who still live off the land. Majority of the people I worked with understood team ethics and getting along, make the best of the time away from home. I learned about the whole uranium industry and geology with Cameco from the veteran geologists who were willing to share knowledge.

ConsEgo's, too many Mr. know it all's. Lack of communication skills from both management and employees.
Big time generation gap issues.
Wasteful on water use
Power struggles
People bringing home issues to workplace.
Lack of conflict resolution skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew employees would like to feel valued. When people resign from Cameco, like less than a 2 years, should that not be a concern and ask why.
Workload during the drilling season did not equal compensation very well. Diamond drillers were making more than Cameco employees!?!?

One a few places to work in Saskatoon at the IT Enterprise level

Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Cameco

Pros: Company is rowing rapidly. Good IT senior management. Cons: Advancement paths are still being worked on by management More

Good Until the End

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cameco

Pros: Benefit package is second to none, compensation is fair/above-industry standards, bonuses are fitted to the… Cons: You are at the whim of the industry in this company. Upper management team does not seem… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cameco.

Worked for Cameco? Contribute to the Community!

Cameco – Why Work for Us?

Driven To Succeed Cameco is one of the world's largest uranium producers accounting for about 14% of the world's production from its mines in Canada, the US and Kazakhstan. Our leading position is backed by about… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Reviews by Company

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cameco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cameco CEO Tim Gitzel. All reviews posted anonymously by Cameco employees.