There are newer employer reviews for CamelBak Products

A friendly environment; not the best place for the ambitious

Former Employee - IT ASSISTANT  in  Petaluma, CA
Former Employee - IT ASSISTANT in Petaluma, CA

I worked at CamelBak Products

Pros

I worked at CamelBak in an intern-type position. The people there were very friendly and helpful with questions. The average age was fairly young and active, which matched the demographic of their products. CamelBak can be a good learning experience for college students; plus there is lots of swag.

Cons

The company didn't seem interested in moving beyond the status quo, something that was frustrating for me as a very ambitious person. Also, the younger work force didn't seem very committed to their work.

The IT department sometimes lacked necessary attention. Other than that, I felt that the younger workers needed more motivation (i.e. stock options, etc).

6 Other Employee Reviews for CamelBak Products (View Most Recent)

Excellent Culture!

I have been working at CamelBak Products

Pros

The company HQ has excellent culture; encourages creativity, teamwork, rewards hard work and initiative. Camelbak offers competitive benefits, diversity in the workplace, and fun team-building/professional growth opportunities. My impression is that the senior team have strong ethics and values.

Cons

Seen co-workers perform well but get stagnant in a position and cast as the "go-to" but never move up into greater leadership roles. The company keeps the staff numbers low, so you must wear many hats- and even then you will be busy, plus depending on the department tack travel on top of that.
    An hour north of San Francisco is not the most attractive location for fresh out of college talent, but great for families.

Top notch products, work place could use a little help

I worked at CamelBak Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative and high quality products with a very strong mission. Great employee benefits and a very casual work environment. The company supports a healthy lifestyle, exercise and has programs in place to support employees.

Cons

Growing pains, and lean work environment. People are so maxed out that they won't take initiative to find improvements to processes, embrace a more training-friendly culture because it is a drain on their time.

Trust your employees and empower them to make decisions so they can have clear marching orders and just get things done faster. Improve the infrastructure so people have support and can work more efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for CamelBak Products

Worked for CamelBak Products? Contribute to the Community!