Cameron

www.c-a-m.com
  www.c-a-m.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cameron

Wonderful Place to Work

I have been working at Cameron full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement. They really like to promote from within

Cons

Not very flexible to work from home

254 Other Employee Reviews for Cameron (View Most Recent)

Employees are nust numbers not people

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the majority of the people I worked with. Usually hit it's numbers so yearly bonuses were paid out.

Cons

People in management positions that shouldn't have been, too un-professional. HR was a joke, if you had an issue that was the last place to take it. Did my work load and had to pick up the load of others who slacked off and was not compensated for it, towards to end I was treated as if I didn't do my work. Worked directly for 1 person, but yet my boss was someone else who had no direct knowledge of what all I did, so come review time they were not beyond generic comments. This was my first full time job so I was really low balled even though I had worked for the company part time for 3 years. No room for growth unless your best friends with upper management.

Clean up house, you are too top heavy. Alot of positions that are not needed, keep those who work and promote people who are professional not your friends becuase it's pretty obvious when you promote the person who does the least amount of work to top positions over everyone else in the department.

The Culture of Cameron

Current Employee - Finance in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very laid back. The best way of describing the company culture is work hard, play hard. You have to be on top of your game, driven, and hardworking. But if you're not also a personable, fun-loving person who is a team player, then Cameron won't be interested in you. They would much rather have someone with a 3.3gpa that fits the company culture than someone with a 4.0 who doesn't fit in. They also provide opportunities for pursuing further education, and take a border-less careers approach in offering you opportunities to get involved in different areas of finance (if that's your field)

Cons

the finance positions are very accounting-intensive. If you're not a very dynamic person, capable of handling a lot of different tasks at one time, this might not be the right fit for you.

Starting off the GRDP after closing periods so that new people aren't rotated in at such a busy and chaotic time.

There are newer employer reviews for Cameron