Young Professional

Former Employee - Proposals Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Proposals Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Cameron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is very developed and strategy oriented company, its working experience looks very good in your resume. Actually my 1 year working experience in Cameron was a door opening factor for moving for a better opportunity in another company. I could grow within Cameron but decided to my new job opportunity.

Cons

People and company culture - Due to the global operations there is no chance on having a personal life. You will receive Blackberry and laptop for being available almost 24/7. I found this as a stress factor for my life. Some people would enjoy this rhythm of life, I am not.

Advice to Management

Good luck with finding and inviting new people who will be able to be available 24/7. But remember - majority of people must have personal life.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Poor Working Conditions, Little Guidance

Current Intern - GRDP Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - GRDP Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay is competitive, for engineering interns it is twenty one dollars an hour. Nothing else really, however I do have a twenty word minimum on this list, which is why I wrote out all the numbers.

Cons

Poor working conditions. As an intern, they let you know that you are at the very bottom of the food chain. You come in and more so than not you don't even have a chair to sit on. IF you get a cubicle, you will have to share it with one or two other interns. Any tools you may need (software, HSE equipment) you have to ask for and wait for weeks until you get it (if you get it). The projects are poorly managed with unreasonable deadlines. Mechanical engineers are put into buyer/supplier projects, thus wasting their technical talent and giving them not a lot of reason to want to come back. Also expect to do manual labor as an engineering intern. If you work in a plant, expect to work weekends as well.

Advice to Management

Assign meaningful projects to interns, give them the tools that they need. Assign them to the right sector. It only takes a bit of time to find out their background but it will make a big difference in the end when you want to recruit them back for full time.

Prefect Intern Program

Current Intern - Finance GRDP in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - Finance GRDP in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great workstation, great mentorship, great housing, great periodically activities.

Cons

No one gets direct hiring after the internship.