Cameron

www.c-a-m.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cameron

Nice company with some incompetence in middle management

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Cameron

Pros

Relaxed company atmosphere, and a company that has a bright future. The people there are friendly, and always willing to work as a team. The corporate structure is decentralized, allowing each branch to operate autonomously.

Cons

Stuck in the past, very behind the curve on technology and does not always promote from within. There is not a strong check system in place for middle management. This leaves impersonal and (sometimes) obnoxious people in power. The company preaches lean six/sigma, but has not actually made a full effort to implement this. A lot of big talk in this company.

Invest more in factories, and evaluate all managment.

272 Other Employee Reviews for Cameron (View Most Recent)

Cameron overview from a engineers perspective.

Current Employee - Engineer III in North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer III in North Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron

Pros

Great time for advancement, plenty of responsibility, and incredible benefit package. The department always offers different training. Great learning opportunity's and room to broaden your experience level. I work as a engineer, I have had a good mox of experiences, that I think is helping me figure out where I want to end up within the company's structure. The HR reps are fair and nice. I have heard compared to our competitors that Cameron has the best training in the industry. They allow you to find your limit, give you responsibility to your performance level. They have a good amount of vacation and paid holidays.

Cons

Well they want you to find your niche. Once they realize you are a valuable employee it become hard to transition to more interesting positions within the company. Tend to get 10% less salary than competitors with no flex time and no 9-80's.

More flexibility, slightly higher salary, and 9-80's would make this a lifetime company. Otherwise we tend to loose good people to companies that pay better with 9-80's.

Simply Satisfies

Current Employee - IT Lead in North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Lead in North Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron

Pros

Great location and good people .

Cons

Nothing to report at this time.

None at this time.