Campbell Alliance

www.campbellalliance.com
  www.campbellalliance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Alliance

Challenging environment where hard work is rewarded

Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager
Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager

I have been working at Campbell Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Campbell is focusing more on strategic work, and is winning projects over the big strategy shops.
There is very little travel requiremed, which is a very big plus for achieving a decent work-life balance.
There is the potential for more rapid career trajectory as compared to other consulting firms.
Consultants have the ability to get broad exposure within just the life sciences.

Cons

The shift in corporate direction has led to understandable challenges at all levels of the organization.
There has been higher than average turnover for a short period (which has now stabilized).
Bonus structure is a complete mess at the moment.

There needs to be more cross-collaboration with the broader inVentiv organization. We should be able to see who is working in which clients, and what they're working on.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Alliance (View Most Recent)

What happened to the Campbell we all knew and loved

Former Employee - Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Campbell Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some truly great people still call Campbell Alliance home, although more and more those people are either moving over to inVentiv proper, being forced out, or seeking greener pastures. The really sad thing is that five years ago, and under totally different leadership, this was hands down the best company I had ever worked for.

Cons

Since the acquisition the company has lost focus on what made it great.... it's employees. With several key players leaving once the writing on the wall came into focus it's been nothing but a downhill slide. With IT already being outsourced overseas with little or no consideration given to the impact on productivity or the people involved there is a genuine feeling of "who's next" in the remaining internal departments. Add the lost productivity due to inadequate tech support, increased "guidance" from inVentiv proper, and a downsizing of the former HQ in Raleigh to a lesser office space, and you've got to think it's only a matter of time before Campbell as we once knew it is all but gone. Those of us who remember the good times will always cherish those memories and the people we shared them with, but we'll also be trying really hard to forget how the story is ending!

What made Campbell Alliance different was it's approach to empowering and rewarding it's team members. This is NOT a tradition that inVentiv appears comiitted or even interested in continuing, nor it is one that Campbell leadership seems to be prepared to fight to maintain. The only prudent advice for management would be to take every action possible to prove to the team that they ARE working in their best interests and are capable of ensuring a positive working environment. Right now management comes across as looking out for their own well being, and that my friends is NOT the Campbell vision!

Acquisitions are always hard

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Campbell Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Raleigh office is like a small company/family, and is a joy to work with. Consultants, though overworked, mostly appreciate the work internal teams complete for them.

Cons

Acquisitions and reorganizations always result in too much work for too few people to complete without it affecting service level. This is true no matter the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Alliance

Worked for Campbell Alliance? Contribute to the Community!