Campbell Applied Physics
www.campbellap.com Rancho Murieta, CA 16 to 50 Employees

CAP = Capital Always Pursuing (Always Fund Raising, Never Building Anything)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alameda, CA

I worked at Campbell Applied Physics as a contractor for more than a year

ProsPleasant environment in a beautiful location. Lovely building and nice people to work with. Strong work ethic among employees. Good paid time off accumulation schedule. Liquid lunches for the principles and the "girls" in the front office. Salaries for secretaries and accountants more than the engineers'. Project managers and engineering techs magically made into engineers. Principals able to take European vacations.

ConsFunding for business coming exclusively from overseas - paychecks not always regular, then funding ran out and the employees were made to work for over a month without pay before finally walking out. A working demonstration model of the desalination plant was built but bugs in system not worked out. Demo model was a sham. Employees regularly exposed to unsafe ozone levels. Seawater released into sensitive wetland area. No certified or licensed engineers employed. County building and safety codes ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving "30 years in the desalination business" selling doesn't make you an expert in developing, manufacturing, installing and running a desalination plant.

Please Pay Your Employees, Robert Campbell!

Employee (Former Employee)
El Dorado Hills, CA

I worked at Campbell Applied Physics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: We did have good compensation, we did have a nice work environment, we did have a great vacation/PTO rate, we had nice co-workers. We had… Cons: We were not paid for the last 5 weeks we worked so walked out. Some of the management had… Advice to Senior Management: It has now been over a year since this went down in November 2012 and we were forced to file with the state. We are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company Out-of-Business and for Good Reason

El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been working at Campbell Applied Physics full-time for less than a year

Pros: They paid their employees well Cons: They stopped paying the employees altogether and they had to file with the state for the last… Advice to Senior Management: Please pay your employees - it's not just the nice… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Campbell Applied Physics.

Worked for Campbell Applied Physics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Campbell Applied Physics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Campbell Applied Physics CEO Robert L. Campbell . All reviews posted anonymously by Campbell Applied Physics employees.