Campbell Soup Company

www.campbellsoup.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company

Times and tides are changin'

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

New CEO in Denise Morrison, emerging as a better leader now out of the shadow of Doug Conant, compared to working under him. She sees the need for change, and is starting the transition. She has established a leadership team with the will to transform the business, compared with the previous regime of old school network retirement fund builders. This will be an exciting couple of years, where new things will be tried, opportunities for differentiation and disruptive pathways will be more readily accepted, and the building of a healthier future and culture begins.

Cons

Having to deal with the aftermath of 10 years where the company stood still, and product portfolio stood still. Now we see the first sign of life after a long dormant period, where image was more important than profitability or growth. Difficulty will be halting the 10 year slide and turning the corner - May have to look for solutions from outside the world of soup to reverse the irrelevance of the products to today's consumer base.

Diversify, acquire new businesses, take more risk, focus on something other than condensed soup! Change with the times - We were not always Campbell Soup Company, so we can change again, possibly to just Campbell's and spread our wings.

167 Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Soup Company (View Most Recent)

A Blessing and a Curse

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

The leadership under CEO Doug Conant was wonderful. He was warm, he seemed to care, and he drove the company with his Leadership Model. Employee services were improved dramatically during his tenure. On-site empoyee credit union, gym, daycare, cafeteria, company store, and even a drop-off/pick-up location for dry cleaning!

Cons

The paths for advancement are not made clear. The employees who are there have been there forEVER and the only visible chance for advancement is when someone retires.

Rather than simply telling people they have done their job satisfactorily, go out of your way to find things they did well and recognize them. Encourage them to aspire for more and not to spend 30 yrs wasting away in the same position.

Campbell's is a great place to make a difference. They love new ideas and are open to a better way of doing things

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

I feel like I can make an impact in the processes, comunication and the way of doing business. Campbells management is open to ideas about how to get better, cut the red tape and be a more flexible company.

Cons

There is a fair amount of red tape and everybody wants to get consensus

Find the resources to get things done.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company