There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company

Progressive in terms of sustainability and newly remolded work place, however, culture is very confrontational.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for strong leaders and willing to test and learn almost anything.

Cons

High turnover causes lack of quality management and HR Dept is weak. Extremely fast paced culture and high workload expectations.

Advice to Management

Ensure ongoing candid conversations with management to understand beyond the politics.

reviews filtered by

Times and tides are changin'

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

New CEO in Denise Morrison, emerging as a better leader now out of the shadow of Doug Conant, compared to working under him. She sees the need for change, and is starting the transition. She has established a leadership team with the will to transform the business, compared with the previous regime of old school network retirement fund builders. This will be an exciting couple of years, where new things will be tried, opportunities for differentiation and disruptive pathways will be more readily accepted, and the building of a healthier future and culture begins.

Cons

Having to deal with the aftermath of 10 years where the company stood still, and product portfolio stood still. Now we see the first sign of life after a long dormant period, where image was more important than profitability or growth. Difficulty will be halting the 10 year slide and turning the corner - May have to look for solutions from outside the world of soup to reverse the irrelevance of the products to today's consumer base.

Advice to Management

Diversify, acquire new businesses, take more risk, focus on something other than condensed soup! Change with the times - We were not always Campbell Soup Company, so we can change again, possibly to just Campbell's and spread our wings.

2. A great place to work

Former Employee - Senior IT Manager in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior IT Manager in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly; Lots of opportunity; Mature, global organization

Cons

Been a little shaky the last few years due to the economy

Advice to Management

Keep Doug's dream alive :)