Campbell Soup Company

www.campbellsoup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company

Their supposebly high Gallup scores are due to employee initimidation.

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Brand name so it will look good on paper. However, aside from that I don't see any other pros.

Cons

Way too much politics. There is more politics than actual work being done. Management intimidates the staff if there are any low engagement Gallup scores. They basically make your life difficult until you give them a high score. Management is highly incompetent, they lack any type of business skills. From inserting a column in Excel to using a blackberry. These are just two examples of simple office skills that Managers lack!!!

Stop intimidating employees. If you get low engagement Gallup scores then perhaps instead of blaming the employees you should focus your attention on Management and see why employees are truely unhappy.

163 Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Soup Company (View Most Recent)

Let down

Former Employee - General Labour
    Former Employee - General Labour

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

good wages compared to other fatory jobs
    fellow employees were great to work with
    Benefits are very good for health and dental
    room for movement in the company because of internal hiring

Cons

worked 2 years as a temp before getting hired
    Lousy communication between management and employees
    Saftey standards are horrible, I was injured on some improperly enginerred equipment, put on disbility, and was brushed away when trying to come back to work. Felt severely betrayed, to give years of my life working there, only to be treated like garbage after injury. They treat you like another number, not like a valued employee. Dont be fooled, bad company to work for.

The leadership at campells although may be sound at the top, I found it got worse as you trickle down to lower levels of management. I believe their business strategies were good, but if you treat you employess, the blood of your company, this will come back to haunt you. I honetly felt at times like i was working in a 3rd world country, not the free nation i live in.

Great, friendly people!

Former Employee - Procurement Intern in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Procurement Intern in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Nice, and friendly environment, and great work-life balance. Great options for food as well.

Cons

Hard to move around, if your just starting out

Pay more attention to how will you as upper management work together, so you can give clear and concise direction to the Mid-level management.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company