There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company

Pretty good place to work

Former Employee - Intern in Camden, NJ
Former Employee - Intern in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Goods benefits, great pay, very well educated people from Top Universities in the country. Opportunity to meet upper level management.

Cons

Camden NJ is not a glamorous locale. Not super diverse as far as diversity in ages. Either very old or very young

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees more than the potential profits.

reviews filtered by

Excellent people, family friendly, great brands.

Former Employee - R&D Senior Engineer in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - R&D Senior Engineer in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

You can have the opportunity to work across multiple brand platforms, with a competitive salary, flexible work arrangement and with great people on your teams. Under Doug Conants direction employee engagement is a high priority and WHQ makes a lot of effort to drive employee connectiveness. There are a lot of extras that add up when you work for CSC. Some of the pluses were on-site child care, a company gym and for employees who take the train/subway a CSC van will pick up and drop off.

Cons

Camden....Although Philadelphia is right across the river. Management tends to be indecisive and does not like to rock the boat with new ideas.

Gallop is used to measure engagement and in theory its excellent, however, most employees are forced to rate high scores or they are threatened with additonal work load or other reprecussions.

There are a lot of middle managers and layers which makes driving direction and making decisions difficult.

Advice to Management

I would focus on eliminating some of the non value added layers through out the organization. It slows decisions down and often clouds the directions of projects and WHQ intiatives.

Gallup is a joke & they promote incompetent and abusive bosses

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

The pay is excellent. There is now free soup on Fridays. Most employees really seem to be proud of the work they do and the food we make. Doug Conant is a great leader.

Cons

Most managers care only about getting Gallup scores up. It's impossible, not everything can be a "5" and employees are pushed with extra work in the form of Gallup teams to get scores up .2. The manager in our small department we liken to an abusive relationship. Nothing is good enough, but when she needs something or the rest of the company is watching, she has nothing but good things to say about us. I'm tire of the fakeness and hypocracy.

Advice to Management

Hire from the outside more. Get your technology up to speed. Scrap Gallup - it's a joke. Most people give 5 just to get their managers off their backs. There are fundamental reasons why I can't do my best work every day, and a Gallup committee of 3 assistants aren't going to be able to change that.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company