Campbell Soup Company

www.campbellsoup.com
  www.campbellsoup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company

Great people, good employeer, good brands, need to find growth drivers

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Really great people, with a good culture of respect for employee's.

Cons

Need more dynamic senior leadership willing to find growth drivers. To stuck on old success, versus being innovative.

Need to take more risks and be willing to change.

158 Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Soup Company (View Most Recent)

Very Satisfied.

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Campbell's challenges the individual to strive to make a difference.

Cons

Company tends to be too conservative.

Strive to make a difference. Put in the work.

Can't complain. Solid company, good pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

competitive salary, friendly colleagues, easy commute from Philadelphia (against traffic!), forward thinking company, stable company, flexible, reasonable. Also, my department was very trustworthy. They allow you to work from home when you want/need to. As long as your work gets completed, they're not concerned about where you work. That's very important to me.

Cons

Some senior executives, while nice, are very behind the times.

Working in Camden isn't exactly idea, but the company has done the best it can with a bad situation. The city is really lousy, but Campbells has really made the work environment as nice as they can to help make you forget that it's a bit lousy beyond the borders of the office campus.

But still, I'd rather work in Philly where colleagues go out for a drink after work and socialize. That's a big benefit of working in an office that I missed while I worked there.

More attention could be paid to employee moral levels. I know this wasn't the norm, but for a while I was miserable because I worked with someone who was a complete idiot. I mean, mind blowing stupid. But the company invested too much money to get them to the company to acknowledge they messed up, so the moral for the rest of the department dropped dramatically. There was very little I could do about it though. Anonymous peer reviews would have been wonderful.

Also, the reviews that are meant for employees to rate their managers is a bit silly. It's a god idea, but especially for small departments it doesn't work well. I know of a past manager (who has since left the company) who pressured their employees to give them top marks on those reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company