Gallup is a joke & they promote incompetent and abusive bosses

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camden, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup

Pros

The pay is excellent. There is now free soup on Fridays. Most employees really seem to be proud of the work they do and the food we make. Doug Conant is a great leader.

Cons

Most managers care only about getting Gallup scores up. It's impossible, not everything can be a "5" and employees are pushed with extra work in the form of Gallup teams to get scores up .2. The manager in our small department we liken to an abusive relationship. Nothing is good enough, but when she needs something or the rest of the company is watching, she has nothing but good things to say about us. I'm tire of the fakeness and hypocracy.

Hire from the outside more. Get your technology up to speed. Scrap Gallup - it's a joke. Most people give 5 just to get their managers off their backs. There are fundamental reasons why I can't do my best work every day, and a Gallup committee of 3 assistants aren't going to be able to change that.

Other Reviews for Campbell Soup

Reality is quite shameful despite well-orchestrated "outward" messages

Current Employee - Information Technology Management  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Information Technology Management in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup

Pros

Most of the people in middle management and staff roles are outstanding resources and genuine people. Working for an icon brand looks good on a resume, but, as others have mentioned, the price is quite high.

Cons

Senior leadership is either completely out of touch with what really happens within working groups or they simply don't care. Expressing opinions, even when accurate and well-founded, will land you with a negative label. If you want to work here, it's best not to have an opinion and not to expect to be valued, despite the company's "Valuing People" campaign.

Please wake up. Your employee satisfaction scores are not reliable because employees fear offering real opinions. With so many good products and an outstanding brand reputation, you'd do well to focus for awhile and what's really going on with the workforce. Many people are seriously unhappy but feel trapped into staying.

Great Learning Experience, Difficult Place to Work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Campbell Soup

Pros

Very smart people. Very competitive in terms of the external marketplace. Takes action when its needed to stay current and relevant in the marketplace. Strong training ground for marketers.

Cons

Very demanding place to work. Very hard to achieve any kind of work/life balance. They will 'lean in' to job responsibilities but take their time in catching up the title and compensation to those job responsibilities.

Keep pushing the sound strategic plans in the marketplace. Keep working on the workplace piece. Its too easy to burn out there.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup.

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!