Camping World Inc

www.campingworld.com
  www.campingworld.com
There are newer employer reviews for Camping World Inc

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Camping World Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours,training was current, pay was great.I was only there for a short time but I loved the Management in the Colorado Springs store.

Cons

The distance I had to travel to go to work everyday was over two hours there and two hours back and adding those hours to my schedule plus a not so reliable transportation I had to quit at no fault of camping world.

Continue paying well and advancing from within !

54 Other Employee Reviews for Camping World Inc (View Most Recent)

Management Needs a Wakeup Call

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Saukville, WI
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Saukville, WI

I have been working at Camping World Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love the group I work with -- we mesh very well, support each other -- truly can't imagine being part of a better group. Love the employee discounts. Hours are reasonable. Hourly pay better than I expected but could be higher considering the amount of responsibilities given.

Cons

Don't expect full weekends off unless you request off. Customers ask all the time if we enjoy camping -- we just laugh and tell them we don't get weekends off so we can't enjoy the hobby. Not all employees are treated fairly or equally. Store manager uses his title to bully his staff and bend rules to HIS benefit. Can't sell memberships -- your job is threatened. ERV training is a joke -- no time at work to complete as needed and are not allowed to train from home on own time unless you don't want to get paid for the training. Oh yeah -- if you don't complete the training to learn about the products -- you look like a complete idiot to the customers and in return the manager tells you to get more time in with the online training. Yeah right! Goals for sales staff to sell memberships, roadside assistance, travel assist, passport to america -- ridiculously high. Don't meet your goals - you don't get your perks! As for quality of customer service -- forget about it. I refuse to use scare tactics for a sale or to put items in a customers cart for them.

You need a reality check. Goals are a joke -- especially for our market. When your staff tells you why they are not making their goals -- listen to them and support them. Don't force us to lie or sell a customer something they don't want. Being a bully to the customer only results in a lost sale. Stop bullying your employees. Seriously -- a manager is only as good as the staff that supports them. There are a set of core values posted in the store -- you need to review them yourself.

When Procedure is more important than Product.

Former Employee - Service Tech in Swedesboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Swedesboro, NJ

I worked at Camping World Inc full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Worked for 15 years as a Tech (not an installer) The people at my lever were great

Cons

Before I left they initiated a Policy where each and every operation you had to stop, start up a computer, log in and typed in a description of what you did. Taking away from the time the Customer was paying for.

Before this system if a Tech saw something on a customers coach he could ad/sell he was allowed to do so just by writing in the Part and the operation. This could be done, and was done often because first off the system was easy and the Tech had the time to do it.

Under the New system, first off he had less time and secondly he had to go to the service counter, wait in line for a service writer, write up the ad on then call the customer and get his/her approval (Like we were lieing to them)

All this took away the free time to do the ad on job.

If a Tech did this he was grossly behind in his work.

Sooo, the Tech's stopped doing ad on jobs.

Then we were told, with a straight face that ad on sales were down and to pick them back up!!

Nobody in Management realized that this system had virtually fired all there Best Ad on salespersons! The Tech's!

In addition they had a 11-12-15 what ever point check that was included checking tires, oil, wiper fluid, lights, LP pressure and a host of other things taking more time.

We figured it out one time that if a Customer came in and had a 1 hour service job that he was only getting 35 minutes of actual service.

I was billed out at $109 an hour for Tech work. This meant that the customer, to get a full hours work done would be paying almost $156. an hour.

KISS. If what your "Bean Counters" want to know is costing you more money in time, sales and customer complaints, Maybe that information isn't as important as there telling you it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Camping World Inc