There are newer employer reviews for Camping World Inc

Very disappointed in Management and Management Style

Former Employee - Service Department  in  Roanoke, VA
Former Employee - Service Department in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Camping World Inc

Pros

Working with the customers and listening to life experiences. Helping them have a better day when things are not so great. Buiding a trust relationship.

Cons

If you sell a service and products you need to have the manpower and and proper support to back it up. There is a lack of proper professional training with the techs. Need to realize that the customer needs to know up front what to expect with warranty or no warranty. Explain exactly what an extented service policy is, there is a difference beween this and a warranty. Need to have enough service people in place to service what you sell in a timely manner without bumping other customers for service.

Please treat your employees with the same respect that you would treat customers or potential customers with.
Remember, when you get in the way with lack of support to your employees you lose respect from your customers.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Camping World Inc (View Most Recent)

ideal Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager  in  Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Snellville, GA

I worked at Camping World Inc

Pros

Wonderful opportunities to experience different job duties, and expand on current working knowledge of skills aquired. There were ample opportunities for advancement outside of political workings of upper management.

Cons

An extremely fast growing company that lacked market research before growth began booming. The company was lacking clear directives upon moving forward in it's field.

Make sure the store is going to stay open before you take a job.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Camping World Inc

Pros

It very laid back and the benefits are good.

Cons

All is well at first. But then corporate stick there nose's in everything and pretty soon you are fighting to keep your job. I was laid off for 3 weeks only to be brought back and laid off again. This time for good. It been close to 2 months now and there is no signs they are calling me back

We are not just numbers we don't have to be as good as the camping world in the next state. Screw your averages. Sales are based on location not on what you think they should be.

There are newer employer reviews for Camping World Inc

Worked for Camping World Inc? Contribute to the Community!