Camping World

www.campingworldofbartow.com
There are newer employer reviews for Camping World

Overworked & Underappreciated

I worked at Camping World full-time

Pros

Able to basically make your own work schedule - as long as you are getting the job done, very flexible in which days you can take off. Creative influence in the store level, if you have a good manager there is a lot of flexibility in how you can get your job done.

Cons

A lot is expected of you - hours can be long, not paid for over time which is expected during show season, very little appreciation by management, this particular position doesn't have much room for growth. There is absolutely zero policy on raises in the RV Sales side of business - so dont expect one. Once your salary is set, any additional income is generated by whatever commission you are able to generate. Once you speak up about knowing how to do other things expect it to be apart of your regular job with no additional compensation.

Implement an actual way for BDC Managers to expand their income whether it be by yearly reviews & salary increases or increasing the expectation of handling more on each particular internet sale & in turn increasing the per sale commission instead of handing it all to the sales person who just takes the deposit.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Camping World (View Most Recent)

The commissions and incentives never come through.

Former Employee - Retail Sales, Rv Sales  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales, Rv Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Camping World full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Customers are great! They come back again and again no matter how poorly they are treated.

Cons

Low pay, no reviews, commission plans constantly being revised to owners' benefit. Customer membership information is rarely accurate and they sign up for all kinds of cross marketing mail and email without their knowledge. Intercompany communication is horrible. Organizational structure is overloaded with vps', district, regional, operational and in house management. Sales and retail employees rarely benefit from their abilities and excellence.

This company operates 180 degrees from Marcus Lemonis "acting" philosophies on his t.v. show. Except for the yelling and cursing part.

They want it all

I have been working at Camping World full-time

Pros

its a fun place at first. co workers are helpful

Cons

Pay is terrible. there are people who have not had a raise in 7 or 8 yrs. we work barely over minimum wage. they expect the cashiers to keep up a % of their customer count i order to make a buck for each membership, however when customers are waiting on sales or service they will go through a cashiers line one pop at a time or bag of candy. each one of these counts against the cashiers %. some customers will go through several times a day or back to back and this to counts against them. How is this fair? it isn't it just means that when cashiers can't meet their demands for memberships then the company get them all for free. It's a very stressful work place. Does the almighty CEO care...NO hes to busy with his ridiculous tv show and his race car. Has anyone noticed in the new catalog that our CEO sits on a pile of money advertising his show? Lemonis does not care about his employees but only lining his own pockets. We are very short handed yet lemonis has placed a hiring freeze on us right before the season is to break.....WOW he'd never make it on undercover boss.....does he care that we have been cheated out of some of our spiffs and even though we have proof we still arn't payed for them. One month we weren't payed for them at all so when they finally did pay them the following month most of the money went to late payments because many of us could not pay our bills on time but I'll bet the higher ups in corporate and Lemonis payed theirs just fine.

Get a new CEO and try listening to the employees

There are newer employer reviews for Camping World

Worked for Camping World? Contribute to the Community!