There are newer employer reviews for Canada Post

Interesting

I worked at Canada Post

Pros

Good collaboration depending on the department and team leaders
Fairly good benefits
Large organization - fairly stable

Cons

Senior management decision making reactive
Very political versus rewarded for job performance
Large organization / can be challenging
A Top 100 employer?

If you do find a competent General Manager for Talent Segmentation / Development; heed his/her feedback if you really want to be progressive and actually fairly represent your standing as a Top 100 employer

153 Other Employee Reviews for Canada Post (View Most Recent)

Sometimes hard work but overall ok.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post

Pros

Decent pay , flexible work schedule respect from the most of the population. Good uniform plan ( enough points - long delivery ). Ok junior managment.

Cons

No extended health benefits or pension plan for relief and temporary workers in certain positions takes up to 2-3 years or maybe more to get regular full or part time and benefits.

Used to be a really nice job, but it's pretty nasty now and will only get worse.

Current Employee - Letter Carrier  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post

Pros

Decent pay, decent benefits, pension (unless you're a new hire, then none of the above) start at 3 weeks holidays.

Cons

Oh where to begin! From the CEO of this company to the supervisors in the depots.....really nasty and mean people that treat workers like crap. Despite the fact that our hard work earns this company record profits every year ($281 million last year) they still slash our wages, benefits and pensions. They micromanage every concievable detail even though though they have never done the job before themselves. We cannot take time off, even using banked overtime and asking a year in advance!! Supervisors literally spy on the employees to see if they're delivering their flyers or are wearing their seatbelts........such wasted money.

Back off and let us do our jobs. I used to like my job! I'm the one on the front line that knows all my customers names and they like me because I do a good job! Trying telling us now and then that we did something right. Quit harassing us when we're sick. Quit following us on our routes to see if we delivered flyers! AAAGGGGHHH!

There are newer employer reviews for Canada Post

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!