Not what I expected

Current Employee - RSMC in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - RSMC in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Decent hours. 3 week vacation per year to start. Reputable company

Cons

I'm an on call relief rsmc. Their very strict yet when I was off sick for a day the supervisors did my route. They didn't deliver the add mail my station was in complete disarray there was out going mail in the sorting station. Yet, if I was to do this there would be something said to me...

Advice to Management

We too are a very important asset to the company! We're not reconized. We work just as hard and if not 25% harder and longer only cause we don't have our own route... The "other" guys get paid way more then we do! And we have pride in our work... Wish you would show some pride in us

Other Employee Reviews for Canada Post

highest ever work stress

Current Employee - On Call RSMC in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - On Call RSMC in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if you love stress, welcome to canadapost.

Cons

nice words in interview, real bad picture when job starts. no on-job training provided which HR promises sky high expectations with new employees sky high pressure on employees doesnt matter who u are old staff looking for way out of Canada Post Supervisors are unhelpful, its not their problem what employees have to do to get work done Supervisors have no idea about routes delivery business or residential Canada Post forces on call RSMC for flyer delivery, must deliver free of charge!!!!!! mail delivery staff wont bother to follow Canada Post instructions on paper to deliver mail, each has their own way of doing it. canadapost its a crown corporation. even Ontario Ombudsman is powerless; Canadapost is dying a slow death, we canadians dont want and dont like to accept this fact.

Advice to Management

you are human with brains, so are we the workers. you are 1% with $ and we are the 99% struggling for our $. you pay least tax, we pay max. Listen to our workers ideas to succeed or be ready for the slow death you are already in.

Enjoyable career as a letter carrier working outdoors, meeting/talking with people on a daily basis

Current Employee - Full Time Letter Carrier, Now Retired, 36 Years
    Current Employee - Full Time Letter Carrier, Now Retired, 36 Years

Pros

Loved being a letter carrier, on my own, working outdoors in good and bad weather. Enjoyed my customers and tried to promote CPC products only if I had "tried them personally". Good benefits. Good pension after 36 years. I'd stay on if it weren't for a very bad hip that's waiting for replacement....on the waiting list.

Cons

STOP hiring new supervisors "off the street"..... they are called "YES BOSS" PEOPLE" (been there, done that) due to intimidation in their interviews... promote from within the Corporation, letter carriers, postal clerks..... they have the knowledge and experience to deal with everyday postal operations as compared to hiring an ex manager from the local dollar store or Burger King who know absolutely nothing about Canada Post. "LISTEN" to employee concerns over the "New Modern Post". New scanners double the workload/time for personal contact items for L/c's, yet this doesn't show up on the 038's. Met Mary Traversy/SVP/Mail during a depot visit....she may have "heard" what I had to say but I doubt if she "listened" as to what I had said regarding CPC.

Advice to Management

Address and follow up on safety/hazard issues. Delivering mail in the dark for starters. Ask ALL employees, besides management and CUPW, for new and innovative ideas in moving CPC forward into a productive and lucrative future. Address "New Modern Post" concerns asap.