highest ever work stress

Current Employee - On Call RSMC in Brampton, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - On Call RSMC in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if you love stress, welcome to canadapost.

Cons

nice words in interview, real bad picture when job starts. no on-job training provided which HR promises sky high expectations with new employees sky high pressure on employees doesnt matter who u are old staff looking for way out of Canada Post Supervisors are unhelpful, its not their problem what employees have to do to get work done Supervisors have no idea about routes delivery business or residential Canada Post forces on call RSMC for flyer delivery, must deliver free of charge!!!!!! mail delivery staff wont bother to follow Canada Post instructions on paper to deliver mail, each has their own way of doing it. canadapost its a crown corporation. even Ontario Ombudsman is powerless; Canadapost is dying a slow death, we canadians dont want and dont like to accept this fact.

Advice to Management

you are human with brains, so are we the workers. you are 1% with $ and we are the 99% struggling for our $. you pay least tax, we pay max. Listen to our workers ideas to succeed or be ready for the slow death you are already in.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not what I expected

Current Employee - RSMC in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - RSMC in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Decent hours. 3 week vacation per year to start. Reputable company

Cons

I'm an on call relief rsmc. Their very strict yet when I was off sick for a day the supervisors did my route. They didn't deliver the add mail my station was in complete disarray there was out going mail in the sorting station. Yet, if I was to do this there would be something said to me...

Advice to Management

We too are a very important asset to the company! We're not reconized. We work just as hard and if not 25% harder and longer only cause we don't have our own route... The "other" guys get paid way more then we do! And we have pride in our work... Wish you would show some pride in us

2. a lot of changes

Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post

Pros

work outside, manage your work day

Cons

weather wise not always easy