Canada Post

www.canadapost.ca
  www.canadapost.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Canada Post

It's like jumping down the Rabbit-hole every morning and see who showed up at the Mad Hatter's tea party.

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Credit Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Canada Post full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent salaries...because they know if they don't pay well, no one will take the jobs. This also insures the caliber of the hires is generally quite poor. The pay is the only pro.

Cons

They throw money at all problems to make them 'go away'. Very few things ever gets resolved properly or intelligently.
They are mired in their own quasi-military history and traditionally poor thinking.
They are a profit making venture in a business that makes a profitability virtually impossible because their government mandated directives come into direct conflict with the economic constructs of supply and demand.Plus the country is just too damn big to move what little mail is left profitably, to everybody everywhere, door-to-door, on time.That leaves non-targeted ad-mail which no ones reads, destroys our forests, and fills up our landfills needlessly.
The corporate culture is broken beyond repair by too many unions squabbling for a shrinking membership due to corporate outsourcing, Senior management is top heavy with huge salaries and guaranteed performance bonuses whether you perform or not. The senior V.P.'s are viciously territorial and maintain a racist bent towards aboriginal Canadians.
   That pretty much sums it up...I worked at head office in Ottawa as a manager for ten years.

I have none...They wouldn't listen anyway... at least the management that was there when I was wouldn't. I believe Deepak Chopra's heart is in the right place but the culture cannot be changed. CPC is a dinosaur running full speed towards the meteor ground zero. Good luck...

163 Other Employee Reviews for Canada Post (View Most Recent)

Not exciting but an overall safe bet.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post full-time

Pros

many different sales opportunities CP offers parcels services, direct marketing, big data and much more...Very well kept secrets but it helps many of cies out there ,great recognition of the brand, a lot of internal support. Good compensation for the line of work, good vacation time & offers GREAT insurance benefits. Rare to have a sales job & pension at the same cie.

Cons

Needs to more open to new ideas & be more willing to update itself.

Temporary on-call

Former Employee - Inside Postal Worker PO4 in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inside Postal Worker PO4 in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Canada Post part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The compensation was amazing. Base salary was nothing to sneeze at and there were bonuses for equipment (boot and glove) and night shift premiuims

Cons

The union was sometimes stifling and you could tell that work practices were not nearly as efficient as they could be.

Be more visible to your lower-level employees. Most night-shift employees had never seen headquarters and spoke of "the Management" as a far-off and remote entity

There are newer employer reviews for Canada Post