Canada Revenue Agency

www.cra-arc.gc.ca

Politics, unfriendly management, soul sucking work

Tax Auditor (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsFor most jobs in CRA, you are granted a true 9 to 5 job with flexible hours and great health benefits. The pay is overly generous for some positions while a bit under paid for others. It gets very easy to become comfortable with your financial situation.

ConsBeing a new employee at this organization automatically makes you feel like a second class citizen. The union will not care about you, management sees you as the easiest target to layoff to reduce budget as you will have no employment rights, promotions and career ladders are muddled by office politics and seniority, the coworkers you work with are frequently not qualified to do their jobs. Contracts are given out with 3 to 4 month terms after the initial 1 year contract and extensions are routinely given out during the last week of the current contract before it expires.

Advice to Senior ManagementGain the ability to communicate to your employees. Every time we find out about layoffs and workforce adjustment from the news, the moral in the office shatters. Sometimes telling your employees that you will uphold the minimal legal responsibilities to keep your employment doesn't inspire any confidence the employee has for the organization.

A great place to get some fundamental audit experience

Tax Auditor (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Revenue Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: CRA offers very good training especially for auditors. It also has flexible work schedules including compressed hours.… Cons: Moving up is largely based on length of service and seniority so you may find that you have to wait 2-4 years before… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Revenue Agency

Pros: Great work ethic. Great benefits. Time off when needed. Great hrs. Great pay. Cons: Some Team Leads are weak in leading a team and… Advice to Senior Management: None. Where I work Management is very helpful and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Canada Revenue Agency.

Worked for Canada Revenue Agency? Contribute to the Community!