Canada Revenue Agency
www.cra-arc.gc.ca Ottawa, Canada 5000+ Employees

If you don't care about immediate financial gain and would rather have a pension/retirement next to no other!

Tax Auditor (Current Employee)
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Revenue Agency

ProsPension is second to none, can retire at 55 with 60% of your salary minimum for the rest of your life indexed to inflation. Vacation time, benefits are huge. Compressed/flexible work hours are very, very good.

ConsCompetence of senior management is absolutely abysmal. All the red tape of working for the government. Promotion goes to 'pet' employees or visible minorities. White men 30-50 are no longer promoted even if they are the best one for the job. Pay for professionals is significantly below the private industry standards now. Pay however for secretarial and administrative jobs is above the private industry standards still.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the efforts of your employees more. Senior management really needs to get a clue about what their subordinates are actually doing in their work environment.

Beware if you are a Student

I have been working at Canada Revenue Agency

Pros: good pay, good hours, etc. all the reasons for… Cons: If you are a student and need time off to take an exam or to study even if you fill in all the forms the… Advice to Senior Management: Fix your problems with your payroll systems. It isn't fair to students who get dinged for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place To Work!

Call Centre Representative - Collections (Former Employee)
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Canada Revenue Agency

Pros: Salary is about 1 1/2 times what private sector will pay (29k Private vs.… Cons: I didn't really have any. If I had to gripe, I'd complain about the parking situation… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on career advancement with your teams and this will keep monotony due to the work (Collections)… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Canada Revenue Agency.

Worked for Canada Revenue Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Revenue Agency reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canada Revenue Agency CEO Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay. All reviews posted anonymously by Canada Revenue Agency employees.