Canada Revenue Agency

Meh

Former Employee - Summer Intern
Former Employee - Summer Intern

I worked at Canada Revenue Agency

Pros

Good work/life balance for its employees. If you have many family commitments, very good place to work for. I highly recommend it.

Cons

Low pay. Career progression is slow so if you are a go-getter ambitious type of person, you may be slightly discouraged.

Higher pay. Mentoring system needs to be better. Empower employees. But overall, I think the management is doing a good job.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Canada Revenue Agency (View Most Recent)

Ok

Current Employee - Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Revenue Agency

Pros

Over all it's not a bad place to work if you can stay away from dealing with upper management and ignore the political side of it, and I don't mean office politics, I mean as in government. It can be tough trying to forget that you're also a taxpayer.

Cons

There is too much emphasis on promoting to meet the political goals of the gov't as opposed to the public recieving the service. (ie. promoting based on language)

It was alright learned alot.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Revenue Agency

Pros

Very helpful team who take the time to teach you about tax legislation. The team leader took the time to sit down and do detailed reviews to ensure your growth.

Cons

The work got repetitive once you have been doing it for awhile. As a co-op the training was informal and it was a learn it yourself job.

try to implement a more formal training plan as well as allow more growth and responsibilities for coop students. THis will ensure that co-ops are fully engaged.

There are newer employer reviews for Canada Revenue Agency