Canadian Tire

corp.canadiantire.ca

Great Part-time Job

Department Worker (Former Employee) Sydney, NS (Canada)

ProsGreat individuals, who were personable helpful and funny. Always enough work to keep you busy. Store is well layed out and all employee tools are very helpful to ones position. Very flexible in regards to hours, managers were easy to approach for shift changes. Extra hours were also available if you indicated it to the managers, which is great if you needed more cash in your pocket.

ConsBack warehouse is usually a mess and the inventory systems are really frustrating to work with. More often than not, it indicates a large amount of inventory in stock but is impossible to find. This frustrates customers and adds a level of stress to department workers who are trying to do their best.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some new technologies involving inventory management. More upper management interaction would be appreciated along with indication of store performance and what the floor staff can do to improve the Canadian Tire experience.

A Canadian icon that has a great culture.

Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Canadian Tire full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people are all dedicated to the goal while managing… Cons: Pay increases are minimal due to the bonus structure. Advice to Senior Management: Be transparent with respect to salary. People know they are taking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people- not so sure about senior management

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Canadian Tire full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Family values. Good location. Benefits are good. Staff up to senior management are great.… Cons: Limited career prospects for IT. Making lots of cuts. Not big on training staff or developing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Canadian Tire.

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!