Canadian Tire

corp.canadiantire.ca

Large company with a very energetic / positive direction

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat company that's made a lot of strong strategic decisions in the last couple of years. There is tremendous direction, communication, and transparency from the executive down to the employees and while it's a complicated place with a lot of moving parts, the leadership teams across the retail banners are very good about keeping us on point and in the loop on where the business is going. Confidence is infectious.

ConsThere are definitely challenges still to be overcoming considering how much Canadian Tire has grown by acquisition in the last few years. Sportchek/FGL, Mark's, Financial Services all seem operate independently in some ways, especially related to IT, and that makes it really hard to navigate and track down who exactly is responsible for what.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the ambition and continue working hard to streamline and centralize our operations as a unified corporation under a series of banners.

very bad place to work as an auto mechanic

Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Canadian Tire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: the benefits are very good. Cons: you do not have to be educated to become a… Advice to Senior Management: they should review mechanics work ethic even if they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's a good company to work.

I have been working at Canadian Tire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Employees get discount on every purchase at any Canadian Tire… Cons: After the accounting department was relocated to Oakville, it takes… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up with the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Canadian Tire.

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!