There are newer employer reviews for Canal Insurance

Horrible

Former Employee - Underwriter
Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at Canal Insurance

Pros

Benefits, time off, some of the people.

Cons

Promoting the wrong people. Kissing A?? is all you need to do to get ahead. Poor treatment of team. Management gossips behind employees back. Bad Place to work

Hire Managers who know what they are doing. Does it really matter if someone worked at the company for more than five years. The managers that have had several complaints against them should be fired not the people that report to them. You are selecting the wrong people to favor. Reputation is not what is was regardless of what you are hearing. Horrible company to work for. Not like the days when the family ran it. They actually cared about the right people.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Canal Insurance (View Most Recent)

Steady through the Storm

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Canal Insurance

Pros

Great coworkers, direct management and benefits. I enjoy my job and line of work. I feel like there are poor managers and employees in some places, but largely things are going well.

Cons

This is a tough industry, but there is a persistence for success. There's been some management changes; some planned and some unplanned. That can be discouraging. Also, at times, their can be a ton of workplace gossip. It can get toxic.

I'm confident in the future of Canal and we're setting up for success. Transparency and authenticity will win your employee's trust. Sometimes call a spade a spade. But, when there is a disparity between what employees see and hear from you; it destroys your credibility. You can't tell us everything, but I'd look at this. If there's no trust then there's no relationship. Goals met or not; people will follow those they trust to the ends of the earth.

Don't believe everything you hear...

I worked at Canal Insurance full-time

Pros

On site gym is a nice feature. They provide fresh fruit daily and they offer a lot of perks for employees at a reasonable price

Cons

You can tell who the favorites are. Also you are promised the moon when you get hired and once you start you find out there is a lot of red tape to get what your offer letter states. They offer a bonus as a big part of their compensation package, but then you find out it's only if the company meets goals that they set unreasonably high so you don't get the bonus. Also I didn't meet one person who had been there more than two years including the CEO. Doesn't say much for retention...

Don't fluff your benefits to get new hires. They will only leave when the curtain is pulled back along with everyone else.

There are newer employer reviews for Canal Insurance

Worked for Canal Insurance? Contribute to the Community!