Cancer Research UK

www.cancerhelp.org.uk

relaxing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary and benefits compared with simliar job in other charities, good life/work balance, Sufficient funding for scientific research. Plenty training opportunities.

ConsIn June 2011 it was reported that the animal rights organisation Animal Aid plans to place a series of adverts in British newspapers urging members of the public to stop giving donations to Cancer Research UK and the British Heart Foundation, the Alzheimer's Society and Parkinson's UK unless they cease their support for research which involves animal testing.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall i had good experience working at cancer research UK. But professional development programme for junior staff is a bit lacking.

Lab rat!

PhD Student (Former Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

I worked at Cancer Research UK

Pros: Well funded relative to university equivalent labs Good people, collaborative working… Cons: CRUK groups in the provinces get overlooked No focus on personal… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the development and career progression ambitions of junior researchers Promote… More

Nice work environment, must mention the fabulous core facility service, second to none in the whole European labs.

PhD Student (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Cancer Research UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People are here to ask big scientific questions and therefore take really challenging projects. Plenty of opportunities to… Cons: Better to be self-motivated person. Sometime the PI are just… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cancer Research UK.

Worked for Cancer Research UK? Contribute to the Community!