Cancer Treatment Centers of America

www.cancercenter.com

Used the best years out of school to work for a place with such bad management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe place was a fun place to work. see Cons for the rest...

ConsThe only issue I had was bad communication and management skills. Hearing the bad thing they use to say about serving the patients and one was saying about how they didn't like something and they had her not talk with an employee and was told if caught talking with them they would be fired on the spot... Madness I tell you this is the thing I've seen people get fired over had nothing to even do with being late nor really job related issues, and people would be afraid to say anything.
Because if you spoke your mind you would get fired if you was told not to talk to your team members and you were caught doing so you would get wrote up, and now I'm having issue finding work for reason i don't know... is it the reason of this or something else I'll never know...i never had any main issue, just those that will never be reported and never will come up as being true accept one thing as me being an bad employee... I so don't like lies, I'll be honest I'll never go back. Wish i did't even have to use the names of my managers to get other jobs... they all in cahoots, I don't know who to trust... sad because one i do like out of a lot of them... i mean a lot!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a "Professional" point of view, A manager is a person who looks over there team as they
1. Are over the employees that has not been there as long as they have or as the experience.
2. A manager is still an employee that can still get fired for doing wrong, and also needs to realize their own wrong doing and not trying to put the blame on an employee making them look bad for thing they have not done but going by hear say.
3. If you made the rule it is also your duty to go by them yourselves.
4. An employee also is you team treat them well and they will treat you as you would like to be treated, and yes also have to out your foot down as well to make sure, you don't get ran over as a manager(Note* I give both managers and employees the benefit of the doubt).
5.When you are a Manager. Boss, Supervisor you can not I repeat you can not! show favoritism you will create the most biggest problems in the work place and you will be the one to blame, you might have some people talk behind your back about it, or you might have others have bigger issues and take other action, something you would want to avoid.
6. Employees that are not so lucky with life, saying perhaps they have no car don't live close and they want and need to come to work bad weather and you expect the world of them to show, Help them out!!! is you wanna fire them but you know you need the help, HELP THEM!!! point blank! don't have meeting on how you helped others just because you worked with them longer. Not such a good thing if you think about it.
7.If you use the word "TEAM" you need to make sure you are a team, not saying it just to say it, don't use peoples goodness for granted other wise they wont trust you as a"Team Leader".
8. To many managers with to much power... not such a good thing when they are still bring personal issue from out side of work in side of work, something that needs to be put in check.
9. Truth, is you know you did or said something wrong fess up do the right thing don't make the other person look bad alone if you know you had something to do with it. because remember If your higher in rank 99.9% of any job will believe the the higher rank then any lower one. remember that.
10.Just read this over and over again for true guidance and you'll be the best manager ever! Thanks for reading.

No room for professional groeth, very clique-ish, catty & micromanaged, absolutely no work-life balance, but it' a job!

Corporate-sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros: If you are lucky enough to get accepted financially as a patient to CTCA, you will find a very caring environment that puts the patient… Cons: In the corporate sales department, the job is very stressful and morally compromising. Quotas are virtually unattainable with typically less than 10% of the… Advice to Senior Management: Please micromanage less. You should be able to coach by example, yet no one who has managed me in this department has been able… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

CTCA is better than all the rest

Oncology Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros: We are helping people with cancer live longer and involved lives. We never stop offering hope and choices for… Cons: Cancer is a tough disease and we lose people. While we can not always "cure" everyone or make the impact we'd like, more… Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to us Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Worked for Cancer Treatment Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!