Cancer Treatment Centers of America

www.cancercenter.com
  www.cancercenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Cancer Treatment Centers of America is the best hospital to work at, period.

Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

They practice what they preach. It's all about the patients at this hospital.

Cons

The patients we care for are very sick, many are stage four cancer patients who have turned to us after exhausting other resources.

Keep it up, and please contact the other hospitals I have worked for to clue them in on how you are doing thisngs so that they can copy you.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America (View Most Recent)

Used the best years out of school to work for a place with such bad management.

I worked at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

The place was a fun place to work. see Cons for the rest...

Cons

The only issue I had was bad communication and management skills. Hearing the bad thing they use to say about serving the patients and one was saying about how they didn't like something and they had her not talk with an employee and was told if caught talking with them they would be fired on the spot... Madness I tell you this is the thing I've seen people get fired over had nothing to even do with being late nor really job related issues, and people would be afraid to say anything.
    Because if you spoke your mind you would get fired if you was told not to talk to your team members and you were caught doing so you would get wrote up, and now I'm having issue finding work for reason i don't know... is it the reason of this or something else I'll never know...i never had any main issue, just those that will never be reported and never will come up as being true accept one thing as me being an bad employee... I so don't like lies, I'll be honest I'll never go back. Wish i did't even have to use the names of my managers to get other jobs... they all in cahoots, I don't know who to trust... sad because one i do like out of a lot of them... i mean a lot!!!

As a "Professional" point of view, A manager is a person who looks over there team as they
    1. Are over the employees that has not been there as long as they have or as the experience.
    2. A manager is still an employee that can still get fired for doing wrong, and also needs to realize their own wrong doing and not trying to put the blame on an employee making them look bad for thing they have not done but going by hear say.
    3. If you made the rule it is also your duty to go by them yourselves.
    4. An employee also is you team treat them well and they will treat you as you would like to be treated, and yes also have to out your foot down as well to make sure, you don't get ran over as a manager(Note* I give both managers and employees the benefit of the doubt).
    5.When you are a Manager. Boss, Supervisor you can not I repeat you can not! show favoritism you will create the most biggest problems in the work place and you will be the one to blame, you might have some people talk behind your back about it, or you might have others have bigger issues and take other action, something you would want to avoid.
    6. Employees that are not so lucky with life, saying perhaps they have no car don't live close and they want and need to come to work bad weather and you expect the world of them to show, Help them out!!! is you wanna fire them but you know you need the help, HELP THEM!!! point blank! don't have meeting on how you helped others just because you worked with them longer. Not such a good thing if you think about it.
    7.If you use the word "TEAM" you need to make sure you are a team, not saying it just to say it, don't use peoples goodness for granted other wise they wont trust you as a"Team Leader".
    8. To many managers with to much power... not such a good thing when they are still bring personal issue from out side of work in side of work, something that needs to be put in check.
    9. Truth, is you know you did or said something wrong fess up do the right thing don't make the other person look bad alone if you know you had something to do with it. because remember If your higher in rank 99.9% of any job will believe the the higher rank then any lower one. remember that.
    10.Just read this over and over again for true guidance and you'll be the best manager ever! Thanks for reading.

No room for professional groeth, very clique-ish, catty & micromanaged, absolutely no work-life balance, but it' a job!

Current Employee - Corporate-sales
    Current Employee - Corporate-sales

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

If you are lucky enough to get accepted financially as a patient to CTCA, you will find a very caring environment that puts the patient first. No doubt, they care about their patients...if they have pristine insurance and the money to pay. 401k and yearly bonus are generous. Insurance benefits are mediocre.

Cons

In the corporate sales department, the job is very stressful and morally compromising. Quotas are virtually unattainable with typically less than 10% of the sales force making quota. Pay out has been changed drastically over the years, obviously not to benefit the employee. Phone scripts (which sound very canned and generic) are demanded to be followed , lest disciplinary action be taken.
    Many promises of advancement opportunity and expected pay are made at the time of interview, but none of which are true. Working weekend &, holidays are mandatory and taking personal/sick/vacation time is highly frowned upon. Also, the corporate office is very clique-ish and if you are not a "favorite" forget about a chance at advancement (they mostly promote from outside the company anyhow). I found the environment to be very toxic and detrimental to my personal & mental health. They tend to favor males as well. Very strict corporate policies are in place. And my advice to anyone who accepts a job within this organization, report to HR ANY incidences of abuse or harassment of any sort. The employee is highly undervalued and at times just out right mistreated.

Please micromanage less. You should be able to coach by example, yet no one who has managed me in this department has been able to give me valuable advice on how o improve because they have never done the job, nor do they know how to. Also, be wary of how you treat your subordinates. I endured many instances of harassment but like most working people these days was too afraid to report it for fear of my job. This is very unhealthy for the individual and greatly contributes to low morale. Value the talented persons that you have...without them you have no jobs either.

There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Worked for Cancer Treatment Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!