Cancer Treatment Centers of America

There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Truly is the Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a truly amazing team that make coming to work everyday a pleasure
Inspiring to read our Vision, Mission, Values, Promise, and Stakeholder Bond every day. The people here don't just talk the talk, but they also walk the walk.
Great Wellness benefits including free supplements, great inexpensive health benefits, free use of the gym, monthly free 15 minute chair massages
Generous new PTO program

Cons

I had to take a pay cut when I came here and have heard most others say the same.
Bonus has gone down significantly each year and predictions aren't looking good for the upcoming bonus. Won't be surprised if they end up cutting bonuses altogether in the next year or two if things don't improve (profitability)

So many stakeholders are related to someone else at the hospital and sometimes I think the manager makes a hiring decision based on that rather than on who is genuinely the best, most qualified person for the job.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America (View Most Recent)

Another talent mess

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time

Pros

CTCA was once a great company focused on the Mother Standard which is no longer the case.

Cons

Stakeholders were told yesterday that the new PTO program will be taken away. We are all going to lose days off as a result! We were told the talent department that is managed by another Wabash fraternity brother of the chairman's son forgot to calculate the $16 million dollar cost to the company. My manager had no answers to any questions and talent was nowhere to be found. The executives keep talking about the new tag line...reimagine. So far reimagine has included telling us that we will lose our jobs if we don't move to Boca Raton and now telling us that we will be losing benefits. What is next? Elimination of the stakeholder bonus or salary reductions?

Stop making the stakeholders pay for the mistakes of the fellows. Remove the incompetent executives instead of hiring another executive over the top of them.

It's Always and Only About the Patient's Insurance Reimbursement Rate

Current Employee - Stakeholder in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Stakeholder in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Keurigs for coffee.
    C-level staff that flaunt the opulence they enjoy that comes from poor, dying cancer patients.
    Nepotism offers advancement opportunities and C-level jobs for frat brothers of the Chairman's son.
    If you went to Waubash college, you're set for life.
    You can get away with anything by stating that you're thinking about the patients first.
    A fleet of private jets available to you if you're an executives kid.
    No one pays attention to what you do since it's not concerned with advertising or new business development.

Cons

You'll lose a little bit of your soul every day you're there.
    Forced to listen to TEA-Party politics.
    You'll never get promoted.
    You think you're getting a good salary until you look at other companies.
    Leadership couldn't care less about you or your goals.
    All of the money is spent on advertising so unless you're in advertising you're not important.
    Your co-workers will make fun of the people who call in too poor to have good insurance for treatment.
    Functional leaders make decisions on a whim instead of listening to their stakeholders.
    CTCA overcharges patients for the same level of care they can get at home.

They won't listen to advice. They wear $10k suits to show off how important they are, have chauffeur driven cars because they're too important to drive and skirt their way around questions. How about you stop spending $50,000 to attract each new patient and instead accept patients whose insurance falls $50,000 short of your acceptable limit?

There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America