There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Truly cares about their patients, caregivers, etc.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zion, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zion, IL

I worked at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer exceptionally well benefits with the company which includes $600 a year of free supplements for you and your family, discounted gym memberships in the area, and sometimes free gym memberships depending on what area you live in.

Cons

The company talks about how you can grow within the company, however, there are expectations which in most companies it tends to happen that way unfortunately. One thing that bothers me most about the company they DO NOT care whether you have a degree in a field that you are applying for, they will give the job to someone else that has no experience, While working at this company I seen it happen to fellow co-workers while working there. They don't care if you been with the company for five years let alone one year. It gets a little discouraging when this continues you to happen within the company let alone having a degree in what you are applying for. Supervisors can block you from getting a different position, which is unfair in my opinion. CTCA has their mother standards Mission, Vision, Values. Well in my book a lot of people meaning upper management does not follow or stand by these standards. Being a new employee coming into the company, I definitely did not see this in upper management. I saw this mostly from the people below them.

Advice to Management

Talent/Human Resources think that they should start to consider people with a business/management degree not so much experience or how long you have been with the company. It would probably be less of an issue down the road. The compensation sucks for the Patient Accounts Dept. This all goes back to whether you have an education, experience. They will give the person who has no experience a $20 hr job, over the person who has a degree and many, many, years of experience a $14 an hr job. That to me doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Other Employee Reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Whoever is greedy for unjust gain troubles his own household ... Proverbs 15:27

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the rate that employees are resigning it shouldn't be hard to get your foot in the door but don't expect much once you're in except tall tales and empty promises. They employ some excellent executive chefs at the hospitals and have a great selection of healthy food options well above other healthcare organizations. Don't expect it if you work at corporate. Parking is free and they offer valet service at several locations for the patients. The hospital buildings are very lavish and I imagine or "reimagine" (which is the new company terminology for making changes) that the new corporate office in Boca will be a palace like a Ritz Carlton as well.

Cons

At the same time that the corporate office is being downsized (oops reimagined) and the PTO program that was rolled out on Jan. 1 was reimagined back to the prior benefit plan I overheard several coworkers commenting about the extravagant new yacht that the Chairman bought over the holidays. (I reimagine that his current yachts in St. Thomas needed company) Apparently he must have needed money for the boat payment and decided that taking benefits and jobs away from employees instead of digging into the expected one quarter of a billion dollars that the company is expected generate in revenue this year was a good option. The Chairman and his family that runs the company tout themselves as Freemasons and there was even a class I had to take on principles of Freemasonry several months after I started. The kicker is that their behaviors are completely contrary to the moral code, charity and social responsibility principles that Freemasonry is supposed to stand for. On St. Patrick's Day I saw a picture being passed around the corporate office of a leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold. Someone had pasted the Chairman's face on the leprechaun and under the pot they had put a bunch of employees being squished.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!!

It's all about the owner's family

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time

Pros

The company is recognized everywhere... People will definitely recognize the company.

Cons

The company is only and always about the owner's family. The owner has become very wealthy from the CTCA patients while 85-90% of the patients that call desperately looking for help are turned away because they don't have the right insurance. We have very few insurance contracts because the owners require unrealistic contract rates. The company keeps paying stakeholders less and less. Stakeholders bonuses are reduced every year. I was recruited with a statement that our salaries are at the 50% point but I could expect a 15% stakeholder bonus each year. We haven't seen a 15% stakeholder bonus in years and last year the bonus was at 6%. We recently had a PTO program rolled out and removed because Talent didn't calculate the financial impact correctly. Health benefits become more costly every year. At the same time, the owners and executives keep getting richer. Drive into the Corporate or a hospital parking lot. You will see Aston Martin's, Bentley's, Audi R8's, Mercede's, and BMW's. The extravagance at the top includes 4 or 5 large corporate jets so that the owners and Executives don't have to fly commercial like the rest of us. To house the jets, a multi-million dollar lavish hangar was built.

Advice to Management

Read the Promise to Our Patients and the Stakeholder Bond. Stop flaunting your wealth.