Cancer Treatment Centers of America

www.cancercenter.com
  www.cancercenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Truly cares about their patients, caregivers, etc.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zion, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zion, IL

I worked at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer exceptionally well benefits with the company which includes $600 a year of free supplements for you and your family, discounted gym memberships in the area, and sometimes free gym memberships depending on what area you live in.

Cons

The company talks about how you can grow within the company, however, there are expectations which in most companies it tends to happen that way unfortunately. One thing that bothers me most about the company they DO NOT care whether you have a degree in a field that you are applying for, they will give the job to someone else that has no experience, While working at this company I seen it happen to fellow co-workers while working there.

They don't care if you been with the company for five years let alone one year. It gets a little discouraging when this continues you to happen within the company let alone having a degree in what you are applying for.

Supervisors can block you from getting a different position, which is unfair in my opinion. CTCA has their mother standards Mission, Vision, Values. Well in my book a lot of people meaning upper management does not follow or stand by these standards. Being a new employee coming into the company, I definitely did not see this in upper management. I saw this mostly from the people below them.

Talent/Human Resources think that they should start to consider people with a business/management degree not so much experience or how long you have been with the company. It would probably be less of an issue down the road.

The compensation sucks for the Patient Accounts Dept. This all goes back to whether you have an education, experience. They will give the person who has no experience a $20 hr job, over the person who has a degree and many, many, years of experience a $14 an hr job. That to me doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America (View Most Recent)

Mom was wrong, honesty is not always the best policy.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time

Pros

We provide better customer service than all other healthcare companies. Our stakeholders live and breath the Mother Standard of Care in the hospitals.

Cons

Stakeholders are not treated following the same Mother Standard especially in the IS department. My boss was terminated yesterday because he was honest about his feelings. He interviewed for a new role and the company treated him terribly. When he expressed his feelings to Talent and transparently shared that he was going to explore external opportunities, he was fired! If you don't drink the Kool-aid, the Interim CIO and CMIO, CEO, or Talent leadership will fire you immediately with 2 weeks severance. Retribution is a very real situation in the IS group and for those of us that rely upon our paycheck, we should fear it!

We thought that things would get better with the new CIO coming in and replacing the Interim CIO and CMIO. After learning the new CIO is another Vanguard person and the fourth in IS, my hope has been shattered. CTCA is now the home for Vanguard stakeholders that Tenet does not want and are friends of the Chief Talent Officer.

A year ago our department was honored as a best place to work in healthcare and a short year later it sickens me to come to work.

If you don't want to get run over, don't stand in front of the door! This was the last straw for many of us! As another person posted Mr. Stephenson when will you realize that your company is being run down the drain?

It's all about the owner's family

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time

Pros

The company is recognized everywhere... People will definitely recognize the company.

Cons

The company is only and always about the owner's family. The owner has become very wealthy from the CTCA patients while 85-90% of the patients that call desperately looking for help are turned away because they don't have the right insurance. We have very few insurance contracts because the owners require unrealistic contract rates.

The company keeps paying stakeholders less and less. Stakeholders bonuses are reduced every year. I was recruited with a statement that our salaries are at the 50% point but I could expect a 15% stakeholder bonus each year. We haven't seen a 15% stakeholder bonus in years and last year the bonus was at 6%. We recently had a PTO program rolled out and removed because Talent didn't calculate the financial impact correctly. Health benefits become more costly every year.

At the same time, the owners and executives keep getting richer. Drive into the Corporate or a hospital parking lot. You will see Aston Martin's, Bentley's, Audi R8's, Mercede's, and BMW's. The extravagance at the top includes 4 or 5 large corporate jets so that the owners and Executives don't have to fly commercial like the rest of us. To house the jets, a multi-million dollar lavish hangar was built.

Read the Promise to Our Patients and the Stakeholder Bond. Stop flaunting your wealth.

There are newer employer reviews for Cancer Treatment Centers of America