Canoe Ventures
www.canoe-ventures.com New York, NY

Opportunities to learn, but check innovation, leadership and accountability at the door.

New York, NY

I have been working at Canoe Ventures

Pros- Interesting products at the cutting edge of media
- Very nice offices and location
- Decent time off
- Growth opportunities

Cons- Leadership does not provide direction to the company. As said from the mouth of the CEO, 'we live from board meeting to board meeting.' When the board wants a shift in priorities, we scramble and forget about what we were doing for the past 3 months. Result: NOTHING GETS DONE.
- Leaders completely screwed-up long-term business planning. Examples: Marketing department that has too many employees; but engineering teams (the ones trying to build the product to be marketed in the first place) don't have enough resources. There are too many VPs trying to sell incomplete products because leadership is spending too much money in fancy offices, marketing people, sales people, and random VPs who don't even know what they're doing.
- Toxic environment: a lot of whispers and gossiping because of the feeling that leaders simply won't admit to us what's really going on.

Advice to Senior Management- LEAD. If you don't have the courage to stand up to the board and tell them what the vision of the company will be, instead of asking them what they think we should do, this company will never get anything done. PICK A PATH AND STAY THE COURSE!

Business Development Intern

I have been working at Canoe Ventures

Pros: Great people, Great environment, great learning experience Cons: They have substantially cut back operations Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

IT

Englewood, CO

I have been working at Canoe Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good company to work for, good management, good pay, good… Cons: I have none what so ever. Advice to Senior Management: Please bring this company back up to where it was 3… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Canoe Ventures.

Worked for Canoe Ventures? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canoe Ventures reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canoe Ventures CEO Joel Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by Canoe Ventures employees.