Canoe Ventures

www.canoe-ventures.com

Opportunities to learn, but check innovation, leadership and accountability at the door.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Interesting products at the cutting edge of media
- Very nice offices and location
- Decent time off
- Growth opportunities

Cons- Leadership does not provide direction to the company. As said from the mouth of the CEO, 'we live from board meeting to board meeting.' When the board wants a shift in priorities, we scramble and forget about what we were doing for the past 3 months. Result: NOTHING GETS DONE.
- Leaders completely screwed-up long-term business planning. Examples: Marketing department that has too many employees; but engineering teams (the ones trying to build the product to be marketed in the first place) don't have enough resources. There are too many VPs trying to sell incomplete products because leadership is spending too much money in fancy offices, marketing people, sales people, and random VPs who don't even know what they're doing.
- Toxic environment: a lot of whispers and gossiping because of the feeling that leaders simply won't admit to us what's really going on.

Advice to Senior Management- LEAD. If you don't have the courage to stand up to the board and tell them what the vision of the company will be, instead of asking them what they think we should do, this company will never get anything done. PICK A PATH AND STAY THE COURSE!

Business Development Intern

I have been working at Canoe Ventures

Pros: Great people, Great environment, great learning experience Cons: They have substantially cut back operations Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Canoe Ventures

Pros: Exceptional culture and passionate people. I would work with any of these people again in the future. Everyone genuinely working to make the… Cons: Slow sometimes to weed out excess baggage Advice to Senior Management: Speed up in getting rid of dead weight, which decreases… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Canoe Ventures.

Worked for Canoe Ventures? Contribute to the Community!