Canon Business Solutions

solutions.canon.com
  solutions.canon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Canon Business Solutions

The company just couldn't ever get out of second gear

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people that were really trying to make a difference to help make the company successful. Good opportunity to move in your career if you were willing to move to or were already in one of the major cities

Cons

They wasted time following a process. They never seemed to want to be flexible. I saw dozens of good quality people leave. The direction I was told the company was going to be following never came to a realization. Very poor salary increases. Forgot who the customer was and lost business to the competition over and over again. Difficult to sell against businesses that were selling the same products and services and had flexibility to work with the customer requirements.

You need to implement some sort of employee satisfaction survey to get to the bottom the problems. Many are upset and just stay and do what they can to keep from leaving or being let go. You have to look seriously at the salary increases that are handed out. They review process needs to be completely overhauled. Stop being so entrenched in process that you forget what the customer wants and how to quickly resolve issues they have.
Your going to have to convince many people that what they are doing matters. Many only believe that if the numbers in Japan match or exceed expectations, that's all that matters. Does what I do here, at my job really mean anything?

158 Other Employee Reviews for Canon Business Solutions (View Most Recent)

Confusing

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job, not a career. They provide you with the money you need to pay for your bills. I guess that is consider Pros.

Cons

Management on top of management. I takes long to solve a simple problem because the employee have to relate the issue to his or her manager, then the manager goes to his or her manager, and it goes on and on and on.......

keep employees happy, and they will work for you.

Major Account Executive

Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Gardena, CA

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Title at a well respected company.

Cons

Extremely convaluted workflow for processing orders. Very low base pay. Many hidden charge back mechanisms that reduce expected commissions. Highest priced equipment in the industry makes it difficult to win competitive bids.

There are newer employer reviews for Canon Business Solutions