There are newer employer reviews for Canon Canada

Great learning experience but not a good place for a quick promotion

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Canon Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Collaborative team environment
- Nice people
- Good opportunity to take on more projects if you have a good manager

Cons

- Very strict work place culture (Japanese)
- Hard-working team but not a lot of A-players
- No serious career planning for employees and no planned promotion route

Management needs to get more young people and fresh ideas into the company. Also, if pay were more competitive then more high-performing talent would get hired and stay with the company.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Canon Canada (View Most Recent)

Endless processes and corporate level micro management

Former Employee - BSD Sales
    Former Employee - BSD Sales

I worked at Canon Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good local managers, and reasonably good 3 week training program for new hires.

Cons

Local management has no authority, flexibility or operating budget to go after business, therefore are noncompetitive against other manufacturers and even Canon's own independent dealer network. The most over-processed, micro-managed company I have ever experienced, where KPI's and reports are far more important than actual sales which are dismal compared to major competitors in the same markets. The highest staff turnover of any company in this industry by far!

Canon's direct selling Business Solutions Division doesn't seem to have any idea of how to do a direct selling business in a competitive market. They continue to act like a wholesaler to a dealer network with BSD being just another dealer, but force their BSD division to sell everything at higher prices than other Canon dealers and re-sellers, impose endless restrictive policies, procedures and service charges that hinder the entire sales process and continue to frustrate sales people until they leave in record numbers. Marketing for the BSD division is virtually non-existent compared to other manufacturers direct selling divisions and other independent Canon dealers.

Fulfilling and a great challenge!

Current Employee - Sales Representative - Business Development  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative - Business Development in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Canon Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent products! Fun office, better than average salary. Commission earned for every dollar sold! Excellent pricing support when needed. Freedom given to the right people (hard workers and those that really know sales). Excellent if you want long term employment. Move between divisions and cities, is encouraged.

Cons

Getting answers to questions from HQ can be a lesson in patience.

Local management is excellent and supportive. For managers higher up we need to have more responsive people. I think it would be better if different people ran our wholesale division and our Business Division.

There are newer employer reviews for Canon Canada

Worked for Canon Canada? Contribute to the Community!